i had 18 poults hatch a few days ago and was over the moon! i have them under a heat lamp with fresh water and turkey poult food (from versele-laga- 28% protein)
anyhow yesterday the first one died, then another last night and another this afternoon. im not sure whats happeneing. they look fine then a few hours later they seem sluggish then dead within an hour.
they have space to move away from the heat lamp, they are free from drafts, clean food water and bottoms. they are still on newspaper/kitchen roll so it cant be from eating the sawdust (ive had a search on here and found they can die from eating that..wow!)
any ideas what i could be doing wrong? or are poults just that bit more fragile than chicken chicks?