A good friend has some eggs she's storing for me, and I'm picking up an incubator either tomorrow or on Friday!
I'm pretty excited, here. :)
This is the first time I've ever used an incubator. I know literally nothing, which is a bad thing. x) So, I have some questions:
1. How long do peafowl eggs take to develop?
2. What temperature/humidity levels should peafowl eggs be kept at?
3. Should I leave the chicks in the bator for a while after they hatch?
And, after the hatching:
1. What should I feed peachicks? I had two peachicks a few years ago (poor babies died), and I remember I fed them flock raiser, and scrambled eggs every day. Is that the right thing to do?
2. What temperature should they be kept at as babies?
I'll have many more questions as this whole thing pans out, but those are all for now. Thanks in advance!
I'm the proud owner of a flock of wonderful chickens, ducks, and geese, 5 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cockatiel, 1 betta, and 2 cats.
Check out my blog, if you're into that kind of thing: http://www.trainedbyahorse.blogspot.com.
"Everybody dies, but not everyone lives" ~Cross The Line, Superchick