(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens (sort of) and we actually don't have any yet. I grew up with chickens and the chicken coops were nasty, smelly, icky places, but I've been doing some learning, and I think having chickens might be a good idea. I went to a class to learn how to not have a smelly chicken coop. However, we can't have chickens where we live right now, and hubby and I are locked in a battle of wills to determine if we'll keep them illegally (him) or if we'll try to change the law and make it legal for everyone to have chickens (me).
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
None, and I'm still trying to decide what to get.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, writing, making my children's lives miserable.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm married with 4 children, and we have a dog. The dog is the Supreme Ruler. We'll see how he feels about having to share his yard with others. We live in Unincorporated Jefferson County, CO, which is important to know if you are interested in the stinking chicken laws. I'll rant about THAT in the other thread.