BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying › Should I buy eggs or wait it out?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I buy eggs or wait it out? - Page 2188

post #21871 of 22352

I had a pretty okay day.  I got to help deliver some baby queen bees.

post #21872 of 22352
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortie View Post
 

I had a pretty okay day.  I got to help deliver some baby queen bees.


That sounds pretty cool. Did you hold the mama bee's ankles while she pushed? :pop

post #21873 of 22352




2 cicks that were not a fuzzy blur. Any guesses on sex or breed? The red one is a Wellsummer chick.

FaceBook page: The Newt Coop

MoM to Rumples the Crippled Hen

Reply

FaceBook page: The Newt Coop

MoM to Rumples the Crippled Hen

Reply
post #21874 of 22352
No, but they are cute!
post #21875 of 22352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambles55 View Post





2 cicks that were not a fuzzy blur. Any guesses on sex or breed? The red one is a Wellsummer chick.

Cute!  Can't wait to see how the first one ends up.  Welsummers are sexable at hatch.  Females have sharp, dark chipmunk markings, with a well defined triangle on the head and dark eyeliner.  Males have "blurry" markings, if any, and no eyeliner and look just like you second chick.   

A mind is like a door.  Keep it open and something might get in.

Reply

A mind is like a door.  Keep it open and something might get in.

Reply
post #21876 of 22352

 

 

post #21877 of 22352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing4Wings View Post
 

Cute!  Can't wait to see how the first one ends up.  Welsummers are sexable at hatch.  Females have sharp, dark chipmunk markings, with a well defined triangle on the head and dark eyeliner.  Males have "blurry" markings, if any, and no eyeliner and look just like you second chick.   

Psst...They are about 80% sexable....not reliable enough to sell them as sexed.

 

Most partridge breeds are like that. I have been fooled by partridge penedesencas before.

Ron

 

Is this a Hobby or a way of Life?

 

BYC Family needs help! https://www.gofundme.com/2aj5phjg

Reply

Ron

 

Is this a Hobby or a way of Life?

 

BYC Family needs help! https://www.gofundme.com/2aj5phjg

Reply
post #21878 of 22352
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorcycleChick View Post
 

 

 

Nice looking rolls!

 

 

My youngest daughter made these for Fathers Day

 

Ron

 

Is this a Hobby or a way of Life?

 

BYC Family needs help! https://www.gofundme.com/2aj5phjg

Reply

Ron

 

Is this a Hobby or a way of Life?

 

BYC Family needs help! https://www.gofundme.com/2aj5phjg

Reply
post #21879 of 22352

delicious treats you all are posting...

 

Scrambles, cute chicks.  No idea.

 

I did in fact hold the ankles.  It was pretty delicate work.  We also used a razor blade.  It was so cool seeing those queens emerge.

post #21880 of 22352
lau.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying › Should I buy eggs or wait it out?