The last couple weeks have been slow going, Had a few delays, and just plain ol' life getting in the way. Not that I minded a little break.
As far as the delays, I had a decent mind fart as I tend to do now and then. Once the thing is all framed, paneled trimmed and painted....THAT is the moment to realize that my chicken door is too low to the ground to allow for deep litter and would need to be raised. So I had to take that corner all down, remove panels and insulation. Re-frame and build it back up. Patch the portion under the door and repaint. Luckily it only took me about 2 hours to complete. We are very close and expect that the flock will be taking residence yet this week. FINALLY!!
Internal wiring for lights, outlet and fan controls.
Venting from soffits
The great Chicken door blunder
Once we built the windows into the trim pieces and sealed them they became way too heavy for just the paneling to support. Unfortunately the framing I built was not where I needed it to secure the windows in place once we decided to change the orientation and how they open (which will be from the top). So I secured a brace for the window to attach to through the wall and sandwich anchored to a 2x4" inside that will double as supports for the feeder and roosts.
Roosting bar supports (2 tier ladder style) and supports for a poop board below.
The door I built with a piece of 7/16" OSB cut to size, then screwed 1x4"s to the front. I created the 'Z' brace with 1X6"s ...this is one HEAVY door!