Just wanted to share some pics of my coop...and hear about any major flaws spotted by more experienced folks. I started with the idea that I would make it stealthy and shed like. But as I built function really dictated the form...and it pretty much looks like a chicken coop. The law is kind of conflicted here in DC, so I did but up lattice to shield it from the neighbors. I still have some trim to put on and I want to get something other than bare dirt in the run. I was pleased at how well it did in some recent severe weather. 70mph winds and hail and sideways rain...the roof stayed on and everything stayed pretty dry.
Here's the inside of the coop, with the chickens. I made the 'ceiling' out of hardware cloth for maximum ventilation. The roof above it is corrugated plastic. I got the idea for the bucket nests here on BYC.
Here is the whole thing from the front. The looker's right side is the 'coop' and then the left is the door to the run. The run goes under the coop as well. My husband was a rockstar and made the screen door to fit after I created some wonky dimensions for the door frame. I'm using two hasps on each door with a rapid link to secure it.
Here is the side view that the neighbors can see.
Here's the side view that is harder for neighbors to see. The pop door is pretty diy and not exactly a smooth operator, but fine for now. I have hardware cloth behind all the lattice and a 1.5 ft apron of hardware cloth all around it. Hopefully that should keep out the raccoons.
Anyway, let me know what you think.