Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE - Page 186post #1851 of 247210/30/15 at 9:15pmAny of you have some Lav Am pullets available in/near SE PA, SE MO or in between? This coming week, I'll be picking up a handsome young cockerel just ready to take care of his own ladies . That's in Chester Co PA. After that we'll be headed home to lovely Couch, MO. so could pick them up along the way.
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1852 of 247210/30/15 at 9:37pmQuote:
Hi I just saw that you were asking about Sawmill. I am from Callahan and just bought from them on Monday. The guy is nice as can be. He took his time with me while I was there, showed me around his farm, which is beautiful. He answered tons of questions. I ended up buying 4 marans (2 blue, and 2 black) and then bought 13 ameraucanas (lavenders, blues, and black). Make sure you call him first to make sure he has what you are looking for. But I am sure you will enjoy him and the chicks are beautiful.post #1853 of 247210/31/15 at 5:02amQuote:Originally Posted by AuntNomi
Hi I just saw that you were asking about Sawmill. I am from Callahan and just bought from them on Monday. The guy is nice as can be. He took his time with me while I was there, showed me around his farm, which is beautiful. He answered tons of questions. I ended up buying 4 marans (2 blue, and 2 black) and then bought 13 ameraucanas (lavenders, blues, and black). Make sure you call him first to make sure he has what you are looking for. But I am sure you will enjoy him and the chicks are beautiful.
I bought my Marans and Ameraucanas from him. Healthy and pretty. Love the Ameraucanas but my Blue, Black and Splash Marans are my favorites. This pic is a few weeks old but they are so pretty. The Ams are chatterboxes and so cute. The Marans are very pretty.
Edited by RedBanks - 10/31/15 at 6:58am
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.post #1854 of 247211/10/15 at 6:18pmQuote:
I would love to own some hens that nice.....maybe this spring!post #1855 of 247211/10/15 at 7:32pmQuote:
Mine are still very small. Only a little over 2 weeks, I can not wait til they get that big! Yours are beautiful. I keep thinking of going back and getting a few more, maybe I'll call him and see if he has a few still.post #1856 of 247211/10/15 at 8:58pmpost #1857 of 247211/10/15 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nofowlplay
I don't think you can buy the Paul Smith birds anywhere except Texas ...is that accurate?
I am not sure about actual chicks, but he does ship hatching eggs. SO maybe he ships chicks. I do not do shipping as I just don't trust the mail service enough for that.post #1858 of 247211/10/15 at 9:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by AuntNomi
I am not sure about actual chicks, but he does ship hatching eggs. SO maybe he ships chicks. I do not do shipping as I just don't trust the mail service enough for that.
My problem with eggs is that I can't keep any roosters where I live within city limits. Thanks for the reply though.post #1859 of 247211/10/15 at 9:51pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Is this a roo? 12 seconds ago
- › Street Chicken now Pet, gender and breed? 27 seconds ago
- › Best Quail for a newbie? 41 seconds ago
- › The Welsummer Thread!!!! 44 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 58 seconds ago
- › Rehome my ducks 1 minute ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 2 minutes ago
- › What religion do you belong to? 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › Getting the chicks to go back into the coop. 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...