Some things you do not talk about. He will figure it out when I start on the next pen..........
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE - Page 203
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2022 of 24722/5/16 at 6:02pmYou are all talking about white feather genes hiding in your lavs but has anyone ever heard of our found an ameraucana to be hiding a white egg gene? I have a beautiful young pullet who's a total mutt but she almost looks like a lavender ameraucana. Her grandma was a huge hen that was brahma x blue copper marans and laid a super dark egg, darker than my pure Marans at the time. Her mother was 1/4 brahma, 3/4 blue copper marans and still laid that super dark egg. I bred her mother to the lavender ameraucana cockerel that I had at the time expecting an incredible olive egg....she lays a normal colored brown egg. I'm assuming that her dad was carrying a white egg gene. Anyone ever heard of something like this or know how that's possible?
Edited by Auroradream26 - 2/5/16 at 6:03pmChickens
Cream Crested Legbars, BCM, Rhodebars, bearded silkies, good laced/buff laced polish, black/lavender ameraucanas
Bourbon red, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black
I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!post #2023 of 24722/5/16 at 6:04pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by RavynFallen
Quote:Originally Posted by DMRippy
I still have the whites and a few Lavs and Splits so I would like to see if the white pops up in what I have left. I think it was just him and his sister at first then him and his daughters.... rec white takes 2 so he was my only breeder. I am going to pen the whites up and see what I get. Not many people have whites so they might be good to work with. Keep us informed what you get!
Yeah, I said that... my OH just glared at me...
If you want to work with them I will be glad to share so we can work together.post #2024 of 24722/5/16 at 6:06pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Auroradream26
You are all talking about white feather genes hiding in your lavs but has anyone ever heard of our found an ameraucana to be hiding a white egg gene? I have a beautiful young pullet who's a total mutt but she almost looks like a lavender ameraucana. Her grandma was a huge hen that was brahma x blue copper marans and laid a super dark egg, darker than my pure Marans at the time. Her mother was 1/4 brahma, 3/4 blue copper marans and still laid that super dark egg. I bred her mother to the lavender ameraucana cockerel that I had at the time expecting an incredible olive egg....she lays a normal colored brown egg. I'm assuming that her dad was carrying a white egg gene. Anyone ever heard of something like this or know how that's possible?
Marans lay white eggs. Ams COULD carry the white egg gene and blue egg gene since blue is dominate. It takes lots of genes to make those dark eggs so they have just gotten lost.post #2025 of 24722/5/16 at 6:17pmpost #2026 of 24722/5/16 at 6:22pmQuote:
Yes. After decades of only hatching blue eggs from a variety of bantam Ameraucanas I had a pullet that laid a white egg. It is more common with LF wheatens though.
Edited by FowlStuff - 2/5/16 at 6:23pmpost #2027 of 24722/5/16 at 7:41pmThread StarterQuote:
Well they are not laying so you have some time to work out that stuff!post #2028 of 24722/6/16 at 7:04ampost #2029 of 24722/6/16 at 8:43amThread StarterQuote:
Congrats! I need to do some sorting so when mine start they are pure. I have the whites running with the black splits, lavenders and the one EE I have LOL. Spring is coming SOON!
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Granny's gone and done it again 6 seconds ago
- › 📝guess the number for a chance to judge a contest 📝 45 seconds ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 1 minute ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › My Week Old baby duck won't walk 3 minutes ago
- › Let's talk Golden Cuckoo Marans! 3 minutes ago
- › Help, my rooster has big cyst on wing 3 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...