ok guys here is the deal. I went to a little visited corner of the farm to gather some blackberry branches for my goats. A few hours later I have some bites. A few hours after that I am in major itching torment, initially my mom said turkey mites. We have them bad and thats how the bite looked at first. Then all of a sudden its swollen, hot, and blistering up. I know its a mite because I scratched one off and put it under my sons microscope..
It looks like poison ivy, blisters and all. Itches so bad I feel like crying or screaming. Drives me insane. Vinegar bath helps as long as I am in the water. benedryl spray helps a little, not much. I put vasaline over it because someone said that worked. Mouth watch didn't do a thing either. This rash kept getting worse and worse till i took benedryl. I seem to be holding steady at this point. Other than I now have fever blisters on my tongue and am worried. Have you guys ever seen bites that are all blistered up like that. I would say one blister is about the size of a quarter.
edited to add: these are so small the only way I can see them is microscope. I see the dot but in order to tell its a bug I have to use the microscope. Its a tiny pin dot in the middle of a blister. I have large masses of these blisters. I was messing around with oak trees and straw also. help
Update: Ok well the fever blister went away for the most part. I only had a few small fever blisters on my tongue. I have tried every home remedy in the book except bathroom cleaner spray, kerosine, lighter fluid, and windex. I am not that desperate.
What I have found to work so far:
Vinegar bath: limited relief but still it helped.
vasaline: helps definitely
Benedryl spray: limited and at times made it itch worse
Ivarest spray: useless for this
Bleach water bath: WOW did this help alot ( half cup of bleach into a full tub and soak for 15)
Benedryl pills: Not sure how much it helped the itching but I at least slept through alot of the itching
I just have to make it till Monday and then the dr will see me. No emergency dr visit for me, they don't consider this an emergency. Insurance would not cover an ER visit either. Not serious enough.
Edited by HeatherLynn - 7/14/12 at 2:54pm