Okay, here goes, first the questions:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am re-entering life with chickens, but my husband has never experienced them. He is busily building a coop with the help of the folks here and seeing the pictures, etc.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 23 chicks, and hope to get more. I would really like to have a Welsummer Roo and some Orpingtons. My goodness the coop is 14 by 10 and the run is 12 by 8! He is really putting his heart into it, ha ha ha.
(3) What breeds do you have?
We have Australorp, Rhode Island Reds, and Silver Laced Wyandott
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
We did an internet search and found this fabulous site.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My husband likes building things (ya think!) and working on cars and using tools. I love all sorts of crafty things, and am currently knitting a blanket for my 5th grandchild.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are semi-retired. We have been married 3 years this September and have 13 kids between us. We have 4 dogs and a cat (the 'real' boss of the house). We moved back to Oregon from California and are starting the next phase of life. . .chicks and all!