1) What type of bird (Easter Egger) , age (71/2 weeks old) and weight (out of 8 chicks 1 being lightest & 8 being heaviest she is about a 4 1/2)
2) What is the behavior, exactly. (flaps her wings trying to stand but just can't do it)
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? (since Saturday evening-so 1 ½ days)
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? (no)
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. (two puncture marks on right side of her back...a few feathers missing here & there hardly any feathers on her belly area...checked her legs but couldn't feel any obviously broken bones)
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. (I think she was attacked by an inexperience young owl that couldn't hold on to her & probably dropped her from who knows what height)
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. (she drinks when I put her beak in the water & has been eating a little fresh corn & a lil cooked rice & some chicken scratch)
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.(very watery at 1st then had a little substance to it then watery again)
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? (have her in my house isolated from rest of flock...cleaned wounds with water & peroxide...applied triple antibiotic ointment (the kind that doesn't have pain reliever in it) trying to keep her hydrated & fed...let one of her sisters stay the night with her to comfort her & hopefully inspire her to stand...she seemed comforted but the standing part didn't happen)
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? (short on $$ so vet visit not an option...so treating her myself)
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use ( 1st I had her in a cardboard box with sawdust/pet bedding stuff....moved her to a dog crate last night so her & her sister would have room to not spill their water & food....dog crate also has sawdust/pet bedding stuff in it.
ANY & ALL ADVICE WELCOME...PLEEEEEAAASE HELP...THANK YOU