Yellow Foot, one of our four Orpington Buff hens, is suddenly exhibiting these symptoms:
- tips forward
- uses wings to steady herself
- vomits/drools yellow fluid
- closes eyes for long periods of time
- was being henpecked by others
- seemed to favor one foot like it was tender / wouldn't put weight on it
We have isolated her. She can't seem to comfortably roost without tipping off. She had been previously broody for a while but responded to isolation and encouraging her to roost instead of brood.
Any thoughts about what to do? My five year old son, the Chicken Whisperer, will be immeasurably grateful.