UPDATE: We're closing the submissions for the 2013 calendar on Monday 10/8, so make sure you get your pics posted by then!
Reminder: If you've submitted more than two pictures, all of your submissions will be invalid. So, if you have (or see another member) with more than two pictures posted, please make a note that they will be disqualified if they don't limit their submissions to two before 10/8
It's that time again!!! We're getting getting started a bit later than we wanted, so we need to quickly get as many GREAT submissions as possible! We're not sure when we're going to close off the submissions, but we'll definitely keep you posted in this thread.
Want to submit your pictures to this next year's calendar?
1) Find a HIGH RESOLUTION picture that is very clear, clean, and doesn't have people in it.
2) Upload your picture to this thread.
3) No watermarks, text, etc. on the image
4) By submitting your picture you agree that you are granting BYC license to edit and use the image in the calendar, promotions, etc.
5) Limit of 2 submissions per user, so choose your very best pictures!!
Remember, make sure you have a clear high resolution image (at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide and 2,000 pixels tall... but more is better)! Our system will create a thumbnail of your image, but the full sized image is still maintained and kept on our system.
Here is an image of our 2011 calendar pics:
Looking forward to your wonderful picture submissions!!!
A few notes:
- We've been known to send a free calendar to those who get their pics chosen... so, maybe it will happen again this year.
- Remember, only 2 submissions per member, and make sure you upload VERY HIGH RESOLUTION images that we can use for print!
- Regarding copyright & license: We are very sensitive and careful about respecting copyright of other peeps' work. We want to make sure we have explicit permission to use the photo for the calendar and for other BYC related uses. We won't sell or give away your image to 3rd parties. You retain your ownership of the image and can use it however you want. You're simply granting BYC use of the image for BYC related purposes.
Regarding contest timing, judging, etc:
We're planning to leave this contest open for at least another week or two. The contest will be announced in the next newsletter (due out this week) and we want to give lots of peeps the opportunity to find out about the contest and submit pics.
Here's the judging process, which might change, but here is what we're thinking:
- Our team will go through and filter out all the submissions that don't meet the requirements for the calendar (takes about a week)
- We'll gather all the links to the images together and we'll have our entire community go through and rate the pictures (I'm guessing it will probably be around 100+ pictures and take a week)
- Once all the pictures are rated we'll review the top submissions and choose the 13+ images that will end up in the 2013 calendar. (about a week)
- Then the images go into the design and printing process and head into our store (about 3-5 weeks).