(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand new. I grew up with horses and goats but gave up long ago on the idea of raising anything other than a dog when I moved out of the rural area.
But you can't take the country out of the girl :) And nothing beats a pet that produces fresh food :)
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have four chicks that are 1 week and 2 weeks old :)
(3) What breeds do you have?
We have an Americauna, a Leghorn, a Black Frizzle and a Welsummer.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was searching Google for chicken coop ideas and it seemed like 90% of them originated from this site. :)
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, Baking, Weaving, History Clubs.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am married with two kids (2 and 9), my husband is an electrician and I attend college full time.
I am really excited to participate here - it seems like there is just so much knowledge and creativity on this site!