New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rabbits! - Page 106

Poll Results: I love rabbits because...

 
  • 27% (45)
    They're sooo cute!
  • 7% (13)
    They're friendly!
  • 22% (37)
    They're entertaining!
  • 42% (70)
    They've cast me under their fluffy spell!
165 Total Votes  
post #1051 of 1106
smile.png
Edited by AxolotlLove - 6/7/16 at 6:59pm
post #1052 of 1106
not always hormones vs you.Spaying is the best thing.My rabbit was aggressive and we tjough giving her away was best but soon our "Methods" work.

I have a  few chickens.

2 barreds,named Falcon and Hawk

1 New Hampshire rooster named,Zeus

2 New Hampshire hens named,Vanillipe (One has no name)

1 silver laced Wyandotte named,Special girl

1 White Leghorn roosters named Foggy

3 black&red Sex links,(Black)angel,and one red is named little red,and the other one is Mrs.Prissy

And a few others that sadly,died

 

I have a 11 ducks.

Reply

I have a  few chickens.

2 barreds,named Falcon and Hawk

1 New Hampshire rooster named,Zeus

2 New Hampshire hens named,Vanillipe (One has no name)

1 silver laced Wyandotte named,Special girl

1 White Leghorn roosters named Foggy

3 black&red Sex links,(Black)angel,and one red is named little red,and the other one is Mrs.Prissy

And a few others that sadly,died

 

I have a 11 ducks.

Reply
post #1053 of 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwoRoos View Post

not always hormones vs you.Spaying is the best thing.My rabbit was aggressive and we tjough giving her away was best but soon our "Methods" work.
I know, but she lives with 2 baby rabbits. I just don't want her to injure them, I think another baby rabbit would just be best.
post #1054 of 1106
Oh i see.Do not have another cage?You could seperate her till the spay.Baby rabbits shouldnt be put in with adults.Some rabbits once reach about 4 or 5 months they can get territorial and fight eachother or their partner.My rabbit is not the one to deal with others trying to overcome her on her territory.Watch your teen bunnies they may begin to battle for territory just a heads up.

I have a  few chickens.

2 barreds,named Falcon and Hawk

1 New Hampshire rooster named,Zeus

2 New Hampshire hens named,Vanillipe (One has no name)

1 silver laced Wyandotte named,Special girl

1 White Leghorn roosters named Foggy

3 black&red Sex links,(Black)angel,and one red is named little red,and the other one is Mrs.Prissy

And a few others that sadly,died

 

I have a 11 ducks.

Reply

I have a  few chickens.

2 barreds,named Falcon and Hawk

1 New Hampshire rooster named,Zeus

2 New Hampshire hens named,Vanillipe (One has no name)

1 silver laced Wyandotte named,Special girl

1 White Leghorn roosters named Foggy

3 black&red Sex links,(Black)angel,and one red is named little red,and the other one is Mrs.Prissy

And a few others that sadly,died

 

I have a 11 ducks.

Reply
post #1055 of 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwoRoos View Post

Oh i see.Do not have another cage?You could seperate her till the spay.Baby rabbits shouldnt be put in with adults.Some rabbits once reach about 4 or 5 months they can get territorial and fight eachother or their partner.My rabbit is not the one to deal with others trying to overcome her on her territory.Watch your teen bunnies they may begin to battle for territory just a heads up.
They have a 10x10 ft rabbit house with 2 floors and an enclosed area outside, so they can get away wink.png
post #1056 of 1106
ok I have a rather crazy question... I have a lop female that has just had babies this morning looks like we stared with 9... One got stepped on during birth and I went in a few hours later to remove the dead one and take a quick count and I close up the cage and was feeding my other rabbits... To look over and see the lop eating one of her babies😲... So now I'm worried she will eat more... So far she is doing fine but I'm worried to feed her (putting my hand in her cage) do you think it was just initial Shock? I really don't want to do anything to make her do it again do I need to add stuff to her food?
post #1057 of 1106
I have heard of rabbits eating their young, I think it was just shock, but I'm no expert.
post #1058 of 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska6kelly View Post

ok I have a rather crazy question... I have a lop female that has just had babies this morning looks like we stared with 9... One got stepped on during birth and I went in a few hours later to remove the dead one and take a quick count and I close up the cage and was feeding my other rabbits... To look over and see the lop eating one of her babies😲... So now I'm worried she will eat more... So far she is doing fine but I'm worried to feed her (putting my hand in her cage) do you think it was just initial Shock? I really don't want to do anything to make her do it again do I need to add stuff to her food?

They will often eat the dead ones.

The obscure we understand eventually. 
The obvious takes a little longer.
Reply
The obscure we understand eventually. 
The obvious takes a little longer.
Reply
post #1059 of 1106
So, I found someone with a Flemish Giant crossed with a Holland Lop... It amazed me that a tiny rabbit could even do that....
The person said they get between 15-20 lbs, and has had these crosses before. Anybody know if this is true?
post #1060 of 1106
We plan on getting Ditto spayed and finding her a friend.This time something a bit more rare.Lionheads or a lop.

I have a  few chickens.

2 barreds,named Falcon and Hawk

1 New Hampshire rooster named,Zeus

2 New Hampshire hens named,Vanillipe (One has no name)

1 silver laced Wyandotte named,Special girl

1 White Leghorn roosters named Foggy

3 black&red Sex links,(Black)angel,and one red is named little red,and the other one is Mrs.Prissy

And a few others that sadly,died

 

I have a 11 ducks.

Reply

I have a  few chickens.

2 barreds,named Falcon and Hawk

1 New Hampshire rooster named,Zeus

2 New Hampshire hens named,Vanillipe (One has no name)

1 silver laced Wyandotte named,Special girl

1 White Leghorn roosters named Foggy

3 black&red Sex links,(Black)angel,and one red is named little red,and the other one is Mrs.Prissy

And a few others that sadly,died

 

I have a 11 ducks.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Pets & Livestock