I grew about 400 pumpkins this year
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Water freeze Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:44pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Heated Waterer.... anyone using this product? Last post on 8/2/13 at 4:46pm in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- winter watering Last post on 9/19/11 at 8:12am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- Electricity questions- Will they be ok without a lightbulb? Last post on 9/30/13 at 2:39am in Managing Your Flock
- Help with waterer Last post on 5/26/10 at 4:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps - Page 3305
Here's an article on the subject:
This article states that there have been no formal controlled studies on the impact of pumpkin/squash seeds on worms in chickens. However, there is an amino acid in squash seeds, Curcurbitin, that has been shown to kill worms in test tubes. There has also been some research on pumpkin seeds as a dewormer in horses and humans. It's not just a myth, but there is no definitive research that shows that it works in chickens. However, there is apparently a lot of anecdotal evidence that it does.
Edited by Carolei - 11/6/15 at 8:09pm
- › Meat ducks ? 10 minutes ago
- › Learning and Growing in my life with my chicken/duck! 13 minutes ago
- › New member 19 minutes ago
- › Greyhounds and Chickens? 20 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 28 minutes ago
- › Brinsea mini advance incubator 28 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 29 minutes ago
- › Doulbe Yolks and Newbie Incubator 30 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 35 minutes ago
- › Chooks Fighting 44 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.