BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps - Page 3648

post #36471 of 39255
I have a question about chicks outdoors. My chicks are 2 to 3 weeks old right now. I'm tired of them being in the house. Can I move them out to the coop now without heat source? I have smaller enclosures that I can put in the coop and in the run to keep them separate from the big birds but still nearby.
post #36472 of 39255

That is why it is legal legal for the owner to shoot it if it is a risk to livestock

yes we would prefer to shoot the owner but cant have everything we want

right :lau

Halfway Ranch Mossyrock, Wa

8 cats, 6 dogs, 7 Barred Rocks, 7 Easter Egger pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet

1 Olive Egger Rooster,  2 F-1 pullets Home grown

 3 bat crazy people and a growing baby Great Pyrenees Snowball joined our pack

Reply

Halfway Ranch Mossyrock, Wa

8 cats, 6 dogs, 7 Barred Rocks, 7 Easter Egger pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet

1 Olive Egger Rooster,  2 F-1 pullets Home grown

 3 bat crazy people and a growing baby Great Pyrenees Snowball joined our pack

Reply
post #36473 of 39255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigti View Post

I have a question about chicks outdoors. My chicks are 2 to 3 weeks old right now. I'm tired of them being in the house. Can I move them out to the coop now without heat source? I have smaller enclosures that I can put in the coop and in the run to keep them separate from the big birds but still nearby.

They do need some heat source until they are mostly feathered in.

post #36474 of 39255
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1960 View Post

That is why it is legal legal for the owner to shoot it if it is a risk to livestock
yes we would prefer to shoot the owner but cant have everything we want
right lau.gif
So true!
post #36475 of 39255
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebuggena View Post

They do need some heat source until they are mostly feathered in.
It wii be about 85degrees in the coop, probly around 60 degrees at night. They dont sit under the heat lamp and I keep raising it. What is the lower temps that aare still safe for them?
post #36476 of 39255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigti View Post


It wii be about 85degrees in the coop, probly around 60 degrees at night. They dont sit under the heat lamp and I keep raising it. What is the lower temps that aare still safe for them?

If temps are over 75* at night, then most 3 week olds will be fine. The two week old birds still need extra warmth at night. Start getting them outside during the day to help them adjust.

post #36477 of 39255
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebuggena View Post

If temps are over 75* at night, then most 3 week olds will be fine. The two week old birds still need extra warmth at night. Start getting them outside during the day to help them adjust.
OK. It's actually going to be really hot outdoors, 88 to over 100 the next few days. But I will put them out in the shade. Late afternoon when I get home from work. I'm not sure why the one is so much younger than the others when they all came into the store on the same day. Oh well. They all get along fine.
post #36478 of 39255

it only was 80 here :sick quit working outside about 2 came in made an apple pie :ya

Halfway Ranch Mossyrock, Wa

8 cats, 6 dogs, 7 Barred Rocks, 7 Easter Egger pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet

1 Olive Egger Rooster,  2 F-1 pullets Home grown

 3 bat crazy people and a growing baby Great Pyrenees Snowball joined our pack

Reply

Halfway Ranch Mossyrock, Wa

8 cats, 6 dogs, 7 Barred Rocks, 7 Easter Egger pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet

1 Olive Egger Rooster,  2 F-1 pullets Home grown

 3 bat crazy people and a growing baby Great Pyrenees Snowball joined our pack

Reply
post #36479 of 39255
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebuggena View Post
 

If temps are over 75* at night, then most 3 week olds will be fine. The two week old birds still need extra warmth at night. Start getting them outside during the day to help them adjust.

The peeps are growing up so fast one of the blacks is as big as my

barred the other more petite like the EE

Halfway Ranch Mossyrock, Wa

8 cats, 6 dogs, 7 Barred Rocks, 7 Easter Egger pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet

1 Olive Egger Rooster,  2 F-1 pullets Home grown

 3 bat crazy people and a growing baby Great Pyrenees Snowball joined our pack

Reply

Halfway Ranch Mossyrock, Wa

8 cats, 6 dogs, 7 Barred Rocks, 7 Easter Egger pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet

1 Olive Egger Rooster,  2 F-1 pullets Home grown

 3 bat crazy people and a growing baby Great Pyrenees Snowball joined our pack

Reply
post #36480 of 39255
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1960 View Post
 

The peeps are growing up so fast one of the blacks is as big as my

barred the other more petite like the EE

One of my Easter Egger girls from that hatch is MASSIVE. She's every bit as big as the adult hens, but she's hasn't filled in yet. Once she's fully matured, I'm expecting her to weigh over 7 pounds.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps