From post #1
Originally Posted by mrheinz77
What would a NYD be without an BYC Hatch-a-long. This year Mahonri's crew has decided to pass the torch on to someone new. I'm assembleing my team and will post important information soo. Just a note, you may want to start lining up eggs soon. (Does anybody want to send me anything fun to hatch?
On 11 December 2012, at noon local time (or later if you are not home) a bunch of people will be setting eggs. Most would call them crazy but I like to think that we are planning ahead. Planning ahead? My reasoning:
1. Chicks hatched Jan 1 will begin laying in early summer
2. Extra cockerels will make a great Mother's Day Feast.
3. Its the perfect time to hatch for late summer shows.
4. What else is there to do when it is COLD outside than chat with like minded individuals?
5. There are lots of contests with awesome prizes. (Thanks to the hard work of our AWESOME contest chairwomen we have some really nice prizes starting to come in)
This list could go on and on.
Please join us in the 4th Annual BYC New Years Day Hatch-a-long.
Just as a teaser, (hopefully I don't get myself in trouble for this by the Contest and Prize gurus), one of the contests is for the first chick hatched after midnight local time Jan 1, 2013. (And might I say, the prize is awesome). Some of the contests will have a min/max amount of eggs but for the hatch, there is no certain number.