Higher voltage more power.. just sayin lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemCall Ducktagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16
- itemChoosing & Raising Chickenstagged by jchny2000, 5/5/16
- categoryDuckstagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- brandFrench White Muscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryGeesetagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemGolden Pheasanttagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIncubatorstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIndiana Ordinancestagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemMallardtagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16More
- itemMuscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryOther Poultrytagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPeafowltagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPearl Guineatagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryQuailtagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryTurkeystagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Nutrition- What Your Chicken Needs in Its Feed Last post on 9/5/16 at 1:58am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:51 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy Last post on 9/24/16 at 5:55pm in Ducks
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing ChartLast edited: 10/17/12
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubating And Hatching Muscovy EggsLast edited: 4/27/14
- Malformation, Disabilities, Deformations in Quail and How to Cure...Last edited: 6/26/14
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! - Page 3061post #30601 of 499477/27/14 at 10:56pmThread StarterQuote:
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #30602 of 499477/27/14 at 11:02pmThread StarterQuote:
Gees, thats just crazy sounds like a nosy neighbor.Quote:
Time to meet neighbors and tell em, I work late!Quote:Originally Posted by Hensteeth
Quote:Pip'd isn't going to Wolf's swap meet, but I will be. I just like to see what's there...Pip'd would kill me if I brought home any livestock from there. I agree, you do see quite a bit of really poorly cared for livestock, but there are some rare pearls in the mix. Hope to see some other BYCers there!Originally Posted by pipdzipdnreadytogo
Yeah, I'm sure as heck not going to any more swaps, that one included. I've only ever been to the Wolf Lake swap meet, but I saw an awful lot of diseased birds, mislabeled breeds, and people trying to sell off cockerels as pullets the few times I've been. That's also where my little silver Sebrights came from, the ones whose previous owner mutilated their beaks and left them terrified of human contact. Just be careful and look closely at every bird before buying, y'all, and remember basic biosecurity--change out of your clothes and shoes and wash up before contacting your flock after you've been to anywhere with live poultry! And QUARANTINE any birds you bring home!
hehehe... I hope to go but its doubtful. Smile at the peafowl for me, I am so impressed with them. Cant seem to keep em, they go to my neighbors.Quote:
lol I have a goose that still does that, she is about 2 years old.post #30603 of 499477/27/14 at 11:22pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by hanakimi
I thought i wold show some pictures of my bees work:). we recently pulled 2 frames from one of my hives as the bee were putting the comb incorrectly on foundationless frames.
the best honey i have ever tasted in my life
the thickest frame I've seen of honey
and the honey in jars. the honey is really light in color but the box makes it look darker then it appears
I got 11 jars all together 4 like the one in the photo and 7 of small jars. I'm guessing i got about 2 gallons from those 2 frames
YummmmmQuote:Originally Posted by Hensteeth
Quote:Originally Posted by Hensteeth
Pip'd isn't going to Wolf's swap meet, but I will be. I just like to see what's there...Pip'd would kill me if I brought home any livestock from there. I agree, you do see quite a bit of really poorly cared for livestock, but there are some rare pearls in the mix. Hope to see some other BYCers there!Quote:Originally Posted by SallyinIndiana
If you place the order online for store pick up you can use this code to get $10 off. Then I would vote for the 20 volt.
awesome!post #30604 of 499477/27/14 at 11:27pmThread Starter
goodnite allpost #30605 of 499477/27/14 at 11:27pm
So, anyone here know a good breeder(s) of meat-rabbit breeding stock in the Indianapolis area? I'm finding this info terribly difficult to dig up on the internets. I'm not looking for anything exotic, just the usual California / New Zealand stock. Thanks!"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.""Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has."post #30606 of 499477/28/14 at 2:39am
this is only a repeat post cause I know this thread move fast and things can be missed so I'm hoping that is what happened and not that noone knows...lol
the question was, are these Full Silkies ( the comb and waddles look wrong to me ) and do you think they are Boys or girls? they have the feather legs and the extra toes, just combs and waddles are big. they are 17 weeks old.Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...post #30607 of 499477/28/14 at 4:33amQuote:
I only have bresse eggs at the moment. All the rest of my birds are mixed up right now.post #30608 of 499477/28/14 at 5:14amQuote:
I worked with a guy last year that raised rabbits for meat. He's somewhere just a little north of Indy--Lebanon maybe? Anyway, we traded produce, berry vines, etc, and I know he takes good care of his animals. He also does woodworking--made the mantel on our fireplace. Anyway, I digress. I'll PM you with the info.post #30609 of 499477/28/14 at 5:57am
I got a call yesterday from someone looking for pigeons. Anyone selling pigeons? If so post a listing for chickens and pigeons on CL and the guy might call. After all my add was is jut for chickens.post #30610 of 499477/28/14 at 6:35am
Hey everybody. :) I was just wondering if anyone had some advice for me on picking an incubator (I will be breeding buff orpingtons, lavender orpingtons, and chocolate orpington bantams). I don't want it to be very expensive (I'll probably be asking for it for Christmas as I don't need it until next year). I know you guys probably think i'm nuts for already checking them out but I want to get the best one possible.
My 4-H leader is trying to convince me to show chickens next year as showing goats went really well this year (I got grand champ, reserve grand champ, and master showman) and she wants me to get into showing more animal. My mom said i might be able to show my barred Plymouth rock rooster.
I got a new gaurd dog for my chickens. He is the best dog ever!
Last but not least my lavender orpington roo is beginning to crow!I have 1 EE, 1 Jersey Giant, 1 Golden Comet, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 2 Chocolate Orpington Bantams, 3 Dogs, 6 cats, and a few fish. I am a proud 4-Her. I am a Member of Fowl Play Poultry Club and Harrison county conservation corp.I have 1 EE, 1 Jersey Giant, 1 Golden Comet, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 2 Chocolate Orpington Bantams, 3 Dogs, 6 cats, and a few fish. I am a proud 4-Her. I am a Member of Fowl Play Poultry Club and Harrison county conservation corp.
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing Chart
- › Thoughts on Breed for this little one? 19 seconds ago
- › Consolidated Kansas 28 seconds ago
- › Firat attempt at hatching eggs... 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 2 minutes ago
- › Mixed Breeds - White Leghorn Roo - RIR, Production Red, Red Stars,... 3 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 4 minutes ago
- › What colour are my chicks? 5 minutes ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 5 minutes ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 6 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...