Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemCall Ducktagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16
- itemChoosing & Raising Chickenstagged by jchny2000, 5/5/16
- categoryDuckstagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- brandFrench White Muscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryGeesetagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemGolden Pheasanttagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIncubatorstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIndiana Ordinancestagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemMallardtagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16More
- itemMuscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryOther Poultrytagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPeafowltagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPearl Guineatagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryQuailtagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryTurkeystagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Nutrition- What Your Chicken Needs in Its Feed Last post on 9/5/16 at 1:58am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:17 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy Last post on 9/24/16 at 5:55pm in Ducks
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing ChartLast edited: 10/17/12
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubating And Hatching Muscovy EggsLast edited: 4/27/14
- Malformation, Disabilities, Deformations in Quail and How to Cure...Last edited: 6/26/14
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! - Page 3230
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #32292 of 499338/23/14 at 3:45pmpost #32293 of 499338/23/14 at 3:50pm
My daughters internet is really bad, keeps going in and out, I have some pic's from yesterday feed time but don't know if I can get them to load... here goes
ok thats it for awhile unless DH sends me some while I'm here, hope he does, I already miss my critters.Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...post #32294 of 499338/23/14 at 4:05pm
So cute, I agree the chipmunk chick looks like my EE's when they were that age.Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...post #32295 of 499338/23/14 at 5:19pmpost #32296 of 499338/23/14 at 5:47pm
Went to Jch's and got our littlest goat. She is only 3 weeks old. So adorable. Now she needs a name. Sorry no pictures just as we got home a not too small rain storm came by.
I have to say I was very very impressed with the Janet and her family have reused many items to make their several different coops and the way the birds all free range together. The geese came by to wish us well right as we were leaving. The gander was huge. No way he was going hungry free ranging. And the shade is amazing, lots of trees. The piglets were cute too. I like the one with a blueish rear. It turns out that if we get 6-8 hog panels and a shelter, I have a perfect spot for up to 2 pigs. I guess I need to make a choice between a pair of LAM geese or a set of feeder pigs from Jch. Of course whichever one I don't get first I'll keep on my list for future animals.post #32297 of 499338/23/14 at 5:50pmpost #32298 of 499338/23/14 at 5:52pmHave a couple breeding groups available!
Birchen Marans: I have one black roo (great silver hackles and saddles and feathered shanks) with a total of 5 hens (maybe 6 if the last is still alive with her chicks, disappeared Thursday morning with her 8 chicks). 4 hens are black, one is blue. 3 hens do not have feathered shanks, the others do. So far the vast majority of the chicks hatch with feathered shanks. These are 1.5 yrs old. Rooster is very well behaved towards people. He hasn't had a rooster with him for quite a while so not sure how he does with other Roos. Asking $100 obo for the group.
Crested cream legbars: This group consists of one cockerel (still pretty young around 3 months old) and 4 girls (one hen 1.5 yrs old, one less than a year, and 2 around 4 months old). The two older hens have been laying but the younger one is still pretty small. Doesn't seem to be filling out like I'd prefer. The 2 youngest pullets are growing very well! I'm asking $140 obo for this group.
I will try to get recent pictures soon.post #32299 of 499338/23/14 at 5:54pmpost #32300 of 499338/23/14 at 6:07pmI have a question for you all:
I recently had a polish chick that hatched. It pipped and zipped rather quickly, but after that just stopped. After being zipped around 24 hours, even though it kept trying to come out, I decided to help it a bit.
Everything is going great, except for one of its eyes is rather low. On one side is a normal eye in the right spot, and on the other side is an eye that is closer to the beak and kind of bulged out a bit. The other chicks from this pairing have come out normal. Any clues?
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing Chart
- › Fatal black boil on face 2 seconds ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 32 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 55 seconds ago
- › The Olive-Egger thread! 1 minute ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 1 minute ago
- › Utility Pigeon daily ration 1 minute ago
- › How long to leave hen in broody breaker... 2 minutes ago
- › Clucksville Middle school 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms