FYI all, I am experiencing incubation envy
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemCall Ducktagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16
- itemChoosing & Raising Chickenstagged by jchny2000, 5/5/16
- categoryDuckstagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- brandFrench White Muscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryGeesetagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemGolden Pheasanttagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIncubatorstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIndiana Ordinancestagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemMallardtagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16More
- itemMuscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryOther Poultrytagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPeafowltagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPearl Guineatagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryQuailtagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryTurkeystagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Nutrition- What Your Chicken Needs in Its Feed Last post on 9/5/16 at 1:58am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:36 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy Last post on 9/24/16 at 5:55pm in Ducks
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing ChartLast edited: 10/17/12
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubating And Hatching Muscovy EggsLast edited: 4/27/14
- Malformation, Disabilities, Deformations in Quail and How to Cure...Last edited: 6/26/14
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! - Page 3951post #39502 of 499254/4/15 at 6:08pmQuote:
Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by kittydoc
I assume they have some kind of lice or mites. Here's a link to help you identify and treat them: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/08/poultry-lice-and-mites-identification.html
Thanks! I'm pretty sure they have lice No way my babies I just picked up are going out there until the bugs are gone! DH will just have to live with them in the house!
Any thoughts on if treating my broody will affect the eggs?
I feel like a neglectful chicken mommy first round worms now lice!
Edited by browncow15 - 4/4/15 at 6:09pmpost #39503 of 499254/4/15 at 6:23pmBTW have you seen my new babies?!? :-D
2 of the 4 Bielefelders from @ChickCrazed
(Don't mind the poo)
And some Jubilees from @kittydoc (I banded the two with the chipmunk markings, we'll see if they turn out to be girls)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited by browncow15 - 4/4/15 at 6:33pmpost #39504 of 499254/4/15 at 8:01pm
I have some eggs due to hatch tomorrow, but have no pips, zips, or chicks. JUST EGGS! Since I saw wiggling eggs in the turner Tues night, I really thought they would have been early. Because of this, I put them into lockdown Wed am. (Day 17, maybe 18) Has anyone ever seen rocking eggs 4-5 days before a hatch? My hatches have always been predictable, but these were started by a broody & finished in an incubator. (Kind of dirty-looking, but that's how they looked after my broody sat on them for a while. )
Meanwhile all I can do is stare at the hatcher & wait.post #39505 of 499254/4/15 at 8:34pm
A boy and his bird - not a chicken, an orphaned magpie - but nonetheless a really cool story so I had to share! http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/03/penguin-the-magpie-cameron-bloom/?utm_source=email+marketing&utm_campaign=daily-newsletter&utm_medium=emailpost #39506 of 499254/5/15 at 5:48amSo I have to show off my new brooder box. I am lucky enough to work in research and the doctors are always getting shiny new equipment that comes in wonderful crates. Being a scavenger I take these crates home and make stuff out of them. My current chickenk coop is 80% recycled plywood from shipping crates. Any way, I needed a new brooder box and the day before the chicks show up this appears on the dock.
So I cart it home and cut a hole in one side then zip tie a heat lamp to the edge, done in 20 minutes.
Edited by Kiniska - 4/5/15 at 5:49ampost #39507 of 499254/5/15 at 5:53ampost #39508 of 499254/5/15 at 9:17ampost #39509 of 499254/5/15 at 11:52ampost #39510 of 499254/5/15 at 1:05pm
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing Chart
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 9 seconds ago
- › Questionable breed from hatchery: Barred Rock with yellow faces? 18 seconds ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 36 seconds ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 58 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › Hello 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE 4 minutes ago
- › Incubater or broody hen 4 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.