Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemCall Ducktagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16
- itemChoosing & Raising Chickenstagged by jchny2000, 5/5/16
- categoryDuckstagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- brandFrench White Muscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryGeesetagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemGolden Pheasanttagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIncubatorstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIndiana Ordinancestagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemMallardtagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16More
- itemMuscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryOther Poultrytagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPeafowltagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPearl Guineatagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryQuailtagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryTurkeystagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Nutrition- What Your Chicken Needs in Its Feed Last post on 9/5/16 at 1:58am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:00 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy Last post on 9/24/16 at 5:55pm in Ducks
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing ChartLast edited: 10/17/12
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubating And Hatching Muscovy EggsLast edited: 4/27/14
- Malformation, Disabilities, Deformations in Quail and How to Cure...Last edited: 6/26/14
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! - Page 4341post #43401 of 499219/23/15 at 4:20pmI would assume you wouldn't recoup all your money from her but if she doesn't improve (if you have to keep her) then maybe try her own cage with food and water for a bit and socializing with her idk really it took awhile for mine to adjust but seems yours is a different situation idk really who did you but it from so we may be warned and avoid
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #43402 of 499219/23/15 at 4:37pmQuote:I would sell her for cheaper or maybe just find her a good home. I tried putting her in a separate cage for the first 3 days but she just sat in the corner there too so I thought she would do better socializing with the sweet hens I have. But nooooo She's a loner, a rebel, she rides solo!! I could only get her to eat crickets. I had a dang smorgasbord for her because I wanted her to eat something, ANYTHING. In addition to crumbles I put out pumpkin, mealworms, oatmeal, strawberries, cantaloupe and cottage cheese. That's probably a little bit of overkill but I can't have her starving. I bought her from Distrath Farms. The owner was very nice, however she is not an Ameraucana and that's what I wanted. I'm taking fault in this transaction as well, I should've done my homework before I bought her.Originally Posted by daskhan
I would assume you wouldn't recoup all your money from her but if she doesn't improve (if you have to keep her) then maybe try her own cage with food and water for a bit and socializing with her idk really it took awhile for mine to adjust but seems yours is a different situation idk really who did you but it from so we may be warned and avoidpost #43403 of 499219/23/15 at 4:42pmpost #43404 of 499219/23/15 at 4:45pmpost #43405 of 499219/23/15 at 4:50pmPossibly depends on what sallyindiana says about her heritage roo and possibly other chickens right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the roo I bought from her to act like a roo... It's not so much that he's not trying to mate it's the fact that all my buff girls are chasing him around showing dominance over him which is odd to me I would think he would atleast be dominant over hens... Lolpost #43406 of 499219/23/15 at 5:40pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Fattyfrogpots
Hi everyone. I'm a new member ( after doing a little lurking here and there for a while...) I'm located in Indianapolis and have a flock of 11 that are almost 5 months old and are laying about five eggs a day now.
Can anyone tell me what the going rate for a dozen eggs is around here nowadays? Planning ahead a little.... Thanks!
Welcome to BYC and our thread!
ETA I am getting $3 a dozen easily and sell out fast.
Edited by jchny2000 - 9/23/15 at 6:03pmpost #43407 of 499219/23/15 at 5:47pmThread StarterQuote:
@SallyinIndiana is a good one to help you pick. If it was me, I would chose RIR, golden comet (hybrid), barred rock, buff orps. White leghorn also are all good choices, all slightly different egg colors.Quote:
She is lovely!post #43408 of 499219/23/15 at 5:51pmThread StarterQuote:
Yep, thats more like it!post #43409 of 499219/23/15 at 5:58pmThread StarterQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by EmSteele
Sometimes, life happens and you stay away from ypur favorite chicken place for....geez....7 months.
Little life update.
I am a stay at home Mom who's baby just started Kindergarten 😢
We've veen downsized to a flock of 6 for a few months so what better time to increase than when the SAHM is bored and sad! Haha!
Actually, a new Rural King just opened down here and someone bought some chicks because "oh, aren't they so cute!" Then dropped them off with someone when they realize they didn't have a place for them.
So, here I am..at the beginning of cold fall...raising ISA Browns and RIRed chicks. Plus the other 6 chickens, 2 puppies, 2 adult dogs, and a cat. I'm fighting for a goat next!
Hey, good to see you!
Hear ya, I have goose and turkey eggs in the bator!Quote:Originally Posted by daskhan
I have the same incubator as the first styrofoam one my success rate dropped a lot but I think it might be because of low fertility or maybe they are spending to much time in the coop before being brought in but a lot arnt developing beyond developing the air cell... I had two swaps one 10 eggs one 9 and first ten I had 1 hatch second so far none
check out this article, its fantastic! Big thanks to @Sally Sunshine for this amazing, detailed article on hatching.
Edited by jchny2000 - 9/23/15 at 6:02pmpost #43410 of 499219/23/15 at 6:12pmThread Starter
Hey guys, sometimes the thread goes pretty fast so if you don't get a reply, repost! I try to watch for it but sometimes miss one too. For new folks, here is an article we put together for some really helpful links:
our members list:
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing Chart
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 42 seconds ago
- › Chicken Addition - How many chicks? 43 seconds ago
- › The last letter Game 45 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Tylan 50 Injection Location and Dosage Questions 1 minute ago
- › Is this Rooster Damage or Molt? 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 2 minutes ago
- › Help Me! My duck eats her eggs!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Cocci treatment.. Need advice please 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 4 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.