Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemCall Ducktagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16
- itemChoosing & Raising Chickenstagged by jchny2000, 5/5/16
- categoryDuckstagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- brandFrench White Muscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryGeesetagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemGolden Pheasanttagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIncubatorstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIndiana Ordinancestagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemMallardtagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16More
- itemMuscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryOther Poultrytagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPeafowltagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPearl Guineatagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryQuailtagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryTurkeystagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Nutrition- What Your Chicken Needs in Its Feed Last post on 9/5/16 at 1:58am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 2:53 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy Last post on 9/24/16 at 5:55pm in Ducks
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing ChartLast edited: 10/17/12
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubating And Hatching Muscovy EggsLast edited: 4/27/14
- Malformation, Disabilities, Deformations in Quail and How to Cure...Last edited: 6/26/14
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! - Page 4412post #44112 of 4990310/23/15 at 6:35pmpost #44113 of 4990310/23/15 at 6:36pmThread StarterQuote:
can you post a picturepost #44114 of 4990310/23/15 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by daskhan
So I have another question I set about 20 rir eggs almost three weeks ago then got 15 rb eggs in the mail last time I checked about three days ago none of the rir eggs developed but atleast half of the rb are developing... My rir Roos spur isn't that big so I assume he's kinda young or atleast not old can anyone think of an explanation to what's going things I'm thinking is there's some reason he's not furtil this makes ruffly 50-60 eggs only 4 have hatched or developedQuote:Originally Posted by jchny2000
I will hatch on request only if they are prepaid. I didn't use to do that, but have hatched 4 batches for people that decided they didn't want them. UGH. Then its the matter of finding someone that does! I do still have my Easter Eggers separated, my Dark Cornish. Lavender Orpington went back into the breeding coop yesterday, and I will resume hatching them in 3 weeks.
Spent the day at the hospital with mom. They found 2 heart valves leaking, and are looking at options for valve replacement now. Since she is a dialysis patient, open heart surgery is not an option. Please keep my mom, (Sally) in your prayers. Looks like its moms turn now, guys . Dads pretty shook up tonight.
So sorry to hear about your mom, will be sending prayers her way.Quote:
Dang it I have heard of that but for the life of me I cant think of it right now, try googleMom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...post #44115 of 4990310/23/15 at 6:44pmThread StarterQuote:
If it looks like the leg scales "lift" it could be scaly leg mites. They aren't hard to treat. Redness on a roosters legs just means he is mature and loving life.post #44116 of 4990310/23/15 at 6:50pmQuote:
thats what I was thinking of.Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...post #44117 of 4990310/23/15 at 7:06pmpost #44118 of 4990310/23/15 at 7:21pmThread StarterQuote:
Not always. It depends on how much the bird dust bathes, personal hygiene. One good example was my GLW rooster, Red. He did not dust bathe, every waking moment he was standing guard. His hens were all around him, rolling and flipping the dirt. Red stood still watching every second that nothing went after his hens. He is one of very few birds here that got mites of any kind. Also my only chicken that's ever had bumble foot. Some roos care more about the hens then themselves.post #44119 of 4990310/23/15 at 7:35pmHe's had this issue pretty much since I ought them almost. Year ago but come to think of it I don't think I had one pure rir till recently long after joe my other roo was sold... I've had five chicks pure rir hatch one by a broody four by incubator only three survived out of 60 eggs.. I'm almost certain it's Henry that has fertility issues I had nearly 100% hatch rate when joe was herepost #44120 of 4990310/23/15 at 7:38pmThread Starter
I want to say WELCOME to anyone joining our thread! Some of our contributors have put together an about us. Thanks to you, you know who you are! Just click on the image to see larger print.
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing Chart
- › Hello from Southern Utah! 2 minutes ago
- › Agressive Hens to a Rooster?? 6 minutes ago
- › What kind of rooster do I have? 7 minutes ago
- › HI from West Virginia! 👋🏻🙂 8 minutes ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 9 minutes ago
- › Chicken Breed Focus - Delaware 10 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 10 minutes ago
- › Hi from South Africa! 10 minutes ago
- › Greetings to all! 11 minutes ago
- › Best crosses 13 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.