check out https://www.facebook.com/TheChickenMission/
I started Coco Poultry Farms started when we imported a few chickens because the local birds at our beach house had never given us an egg and I thought "maybe others may want our chickens too."
Our little business has had some great successes and some horrific failures. We have seen incubators go crazy and heat up to 48C. We have had a caretaker get drunk and abandon our farm. We have had theft by staff. Rats, fire ants, snakes and cats have decimated us. We have had mix ups, screw ups, and mess ups but no "I give ups".
We endure. We start again. We repair.
It’s all part of being a farmer. It’s part of being human.
This Christmas, one of our recent customers has lost everything. He works hard as an OFW and is trying to build a better life for his family in Mindoro. Typhoon Nona shattered his dream.
This sad news made me think a lot.
We offered to give him some birds. Then another customers contacted us and said they will give ducks.
I knew it was time to launch a dream of mine: The Chicken Mission
The Chicken Mission is community service organization that’s purpose is to improve the lives of the Filipino through sustainable agriculture. It is here to give fresh starts to those in need and the acumen to succeed. It is here to create an alumni of those who were given a fresh start so that they may pay it forward by in turn assisting the less fortunate in their communities.
How do we help?
1. Identify a candidate that, given some opportunity, will embrace it and maximize success with his or her new resources.
2. Educate the candidate in the opportunity being offered.
3. Garner a commitment to the program, a refusal to squander resources and willingness to pay forward in his or her local community from successes
How can you help?
1. Volunteer to become a mentor, committee member or even board member.
2. Volunteer time, resources and or livestock
3. Donate money to assist (we will not accept cash until we are properly set up to do so without risk of the impression of impropriety).
1. Transparency with regard to finances and donations with CPA oversight
2. Ensure that we do not treat your time, resource, livestock and cash donations frivolously
3. Doing my best to garner support from external sources to help us succeed.
If you feel you can contribute, message here or email email@example.com