While the USA is freezing and Australia is melting, we are dissolving...
More than 7 inches of unseasonal rain in four days with wind gusts to 40 miles per hour. Drainage is holding up and no pooling water on our place. There have been mudslides throughout the Southern and Central Philippines.
We had about 25% of the garage roof go airborne early this morning and another 25% is twisted carnage. The winds are too strong to climb a ladder with 12ft lengths of sharp GI roofing so we will have to ride it out until the winds subside.
Its day 19 for the eggs, Candling and lock down after lunch. We are hoping for a few new chicks.
Bernie is setting 24-26 locally laid mutts every 4 days at the moment. Trying to boost layer numbers. We have a BCM roo in with the girls to atleast get some olive eggers out of the blue layers.
Pigs 4-6 developed scours late Sunday. They were treated quickly with Agrimycin injections and Lincomycin and electrolytes in their water. I have not been using prophylactic antibiotics as I did not have any scours in pigs 1-3. The poops were much less this morning so it looks like they are controlled.
Edited by ozexpat - 1/12/14 at 11:05pm