Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:46 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE!!! Last post on 7/10/16 at 11:12am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO! Last post on 10/6/16 at 11:46am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The Duck Thread Last post on Today at 3:04 pm in Ducks
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 2:49 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching
Last edited: 10/12/16
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- ChooksChick's Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 4/4/14
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsLast edited: 3/30/13
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
The Incubator Thread - Page 111post #1102 of 12615/2/16 at 5:15pmQuote:
For chicken eggs---You remove the turner the end of day 18---increase the moisture and lock-down till they hatch.
Edited by PD-Riverman - 5/2/16 at 5:15pmpost #1103 of 12615/2/16 at 5:19pmQuote:
I get plastic baskets and mesh bags used for laundering "delicates" from the dollar store. Also, rubberized shelf liner. Cut a piece of shelf liner to fit the bottom of the baskets. Put the eggs in there for lockdown and put the whole basket into a mesh bag and zip it up. Put that into the incubator to hatch.post #1104 of 12615/2/16 at 5:41pmpost #1105 of 12615/4/16 at 9:47pmpost #1106 of 12615/5/16 at 5:17amQuote:Originally Posted by dheltzel
I get plastic baskets and mesh bags used for laundering "delicates" from the dollar store. Also, rubberized shelf liner. Cut a piece of shelf liner to fit the bottom of the baskets. Put the eggs in there for lockdown and put the whole basket into a mesh bag and zip it up. Put that into the incubator to hatch.
I was also going to mention plastic baskets, but that's a nifty idea with the laundry bag!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!post #1107 of 12615/5/16 at 11:35ampost #1108 of 12615/6/16 at 4:20pmpost #1109 of 12615/6/16 at 4:55pmQuote:
It can take hours after the first pip for more action to take place----just leave them Be and watch. I suggest you leave the incubator closed till all have hatched or day 22(for chickens)---Good Luck!post #1110 of 12615/7/16 at 7:28amOMG, I just did the math, I went yesterday to pick up 10 blue copper marans, but brought home 11 plus 11 black marans. So I added up and now have 54 chickens plus 5 eggs to hatch next week. What am I going to do? Of these, 17 are out in the coop, the rest are brooder babies. My new 4 room coop is not going to hold them all. I need to add on before the chicks move into the coop.
- Hatching Eggs 101
- › Surviving Minnesota! 7 seconds ago
- › Condensation on Door 23 seconds ago
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 28 seconds ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 30 seconds ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 37 seconds ago
- › The Old Folks Home 50 seconds ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 1 minute ago
- › Lethargic head shaking chicken 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 2 minutes ago
- › Chicken run predator cover 3 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...