I have used the bx kind before this box is just 8''x5.5''x5'' so pretty small. I will not fire it up till may or so..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:35 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE!!! Last post on 7/10/16 at 11:12am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO! Last post on 10/6/16 at 11:46am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The Duck Thread Last post on Today at 8:13 pm in Ducks
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 8:20 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching
Last edited: 10/12/16
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- ChooksChick's Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 4/4/14
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsLast edited: 3/30/13
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
The Incubator Thread - Page 92
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #912 of 12633/2/16 at 2:54pmpost #913 of 12633/2/16 at 2:59pmpost #914 of 12633/2/16 at 3:06pmpost #915 of 12633/2/16 at 4:49pmpost #916 of 12633/2/16 at 7:48pmpost #917 of 12633/2/16 at 7:53pmpost #918 of 12633/2/16 at 7:57pmpost #919 of 12633/2/16 at 10:00pm
Came out this morning 2 March 2016
Sweet day two came out so surprising
I had to wait a whole hour for this healthy chick to show its color
The chicks that hatched today are Russian Orloff and the other eggs are French Mottled Houdan's, and a few Easter egger eggs just to fill up the incubator as the more eggs in the incubator the better hatch rate .
I know some of the eggs have sand on them but I found that if I was it off the hatch rate goes down so I just try to flick off the sand and leave the hard stuff on the egg and to my amassment the eggs hatch and I healthy chick comes out so don't ever wash the eggs as I found out it will lower your chances of a good hatch rate .
I had a ruff day as I dad to order a egg turner as the last one had a brake where the turner motor goes and I was so set back as I only purchased this incubator in 1997 from G.Q.F. and I have only hatched several thousand eggs from Quail, Pheasant, Goose, Duck, parakeet, Guinea and even chicken and several other kinds of eggs that slip my mind ..
The big surprise is the eggs are still hatching after more then four days of having the turner not working so to the wonders of Mother Nature and all her wonders as the out side temp was 85F degrees so I have to have a floor fan blowing in the room with the incubator just to keep a steady temp in the incubator so I am able to keep the temp from 99.1 to 100 F degrees and the humidity from 13 to 25 but I am also only getting a 80% hatch rate also so I think it is time to start thinking about looking into getting a new incubator .
- Hatching Eggs 101
- › How introduce new rooster and hens 48 seconds ago
- › First time chicken mama 2 minutes ago
- › Hello 3 minutes ago
- › New to BYC 3 minutes ago
- › call duck newbie 4 minutes ago
- › Hello 5 minutes ago
- › Greetings 6 minutes ago
- › Infected eye from hawk attack 6 minutes ago
- › Topic of the Week - Broody hens 8 minutes ago
- › New here :) 8 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.