Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 11:09 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Chill's Chicken Coop Project Last post on 7/16/16 at 8:05pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Too cold for quail? Last post on 5/1/16 at 5:38pm in Quail
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The waste! Oh the wasted feed... Last post on 10/29/15 at 7:26pm in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
Alaskan's Smaller Coops
Last edited: 4/4/15
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsLast edited: 3/30/13
- Rendezvous CoopLast edited: 1/10/13
- Duck HouseLast edited: 5/27/11
- Chill's Chicken CoopLast edited: 7/7/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
The Duck Thread - Page 1006
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #10052 of 169559/25/15 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by RavynFallen
Haven't seen them go after frogs, but have seen ours eat lizards... made my OH upset cuz he loves our little blue tailed skinks...
Hopefully your tree frogs stay up in the trees... our Calls love anything they can catch... I saved a blue tailed skink from drowning in a bucket of water only to have our blue pied chase it down and *gulp-gulp*...
Our tiny frogs often hang out in and around our duck ponds.post #10053 of 169559/25/15 at 4:00pmpost #10054 of 169559/25/15 at 4:03pm
One of my Muscovy ducks ate a small copper head once we were looking for worms under rocks and i lifted the rock and there was this around 7" copper head Ruth snatched it up and ate it I frantically called our dogs vet to see if they knew whether Ruth would die they didn't know told me to call the nature center in the city closest to us they couldn't tell me either, Well long story short by the time I got back outside to see if Ruth was still up right she had waddled back to the food bowl and was eating like nothing had ever happened. No telling how many she has eaten since then.
Oh and I don't think toads go in water just frogs.
Don't think they'll eat the chipmunks either. lol
I use to have Preying mantis too not any more
Edited by Miss Lydia - 9/25/15 at 4:04pmWestern N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..post #10055 of 169559/25/15 at 4:07pmpost #10056 of 169559/25/15 at 4:09pmQuote:
But now this has me wondering when I last saw them and if not seeing them means a duck has eaten them. Blah.post #10057 of 169559/25/15 at 4:09pmQuote:
How about stink bugs, mine steer clear of them too. Thankfully Lady Grey didn't snatch up a yellow jacket instead.Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..post #10058 of 169559/25/15 at 4:12pmQuote:
GAAA! Cute little creatures! Why would you want ducks to eat chipmunks? Are they destructive? I was telling Scott just the other night that I wished we had them around here. I don't remember ever seeing any in PA, but they were everywhere where I grew up.post #10059 of 169559/25/15 at 4:12pmI had both toads and peepers. I've been watching them for years.
I also wish the ducks would eat the rabbit that is inside the privacy fence. I'm probably going to have to get a bunch of grandkids together and open the gate to let them chase it out. Stupid things get in when they are tiny enough to fit through the gap in the gate. Then they get too fat to get back out and eat my garden full time.post #10060 of 169559/25/15 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by napdognewfie
I had both toads and peepers. I've been watching them for years.
I also wish the ducks would eat the rabbit that is inside the privacy fence. I'm probably going to have to get a bunch of grandkids together and open the gate to let them chase it out. Stupid things get in when they are tiny enough to fit through the gap in the gate. Then they get too fat to get back out and eat my garden full time.
Now I think you're just joking with us. You don't really want your ducks to eat a rabbit. Just put the thing out. LOL. This reminds me of the movie where a rabbit was driving a guy crazy and he fenced off his garden, and it still got eaten to death. Then he discovered he had fenced the rabbit into the garden.
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › unknown attack 13 seconds ago
- › Fall/Autumn Poultry PHOTO Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 1 minute ago
- › spurs,2 2 minutes ago
- › The Q&A Game! 2 minutes ago
- › What treat did your chickies get today? 3 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 3 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 4 minutes ago
- › Topic of the Week - Broody hens 4 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.