Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Chill's Chicken Coop Project Last post on 7/16/16 at 8:05pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Too cold for quail? Last post on 5/1/16 at 5:38pm in Quail
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The waste! Oh the wasted feed... Last post on 10/29/15 at 7:26pm in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
Alaskan's Smaller Coops
Last edited: 4/4/15
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsLast edited: 3/30/13
- Rendezvous CoopLast edited: 1/10/13
- Duck HouseLast edited: 5/27/11
- Chill's Chicken CoopLast edited: 7/7/16
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
The Duck Thread - Page 1254
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #12532 of 169622/14/16 at 5:35pmQuote:
I have read that too much spinach can interfere with calcium uptake, but I don't recall how much is too much. To be safe, I don't. I also have a few ducks who have trouble processing calcium to begin with.
This is from the Sticky http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/242460/the-ultimate-list-of-duck-treats-and-supplements
There is debate about whether or not spinach should be given to ducks. Spinach can reduce the amount of calcium absorbed by ducks bodies, which can cause egg binding issues in females. Even if you feed your ducks calcium, like oyster shells, eating spinach in large amounts or often, can hinder calcium absorption, and cause your ducks to have very little or no shells are their eggs. If a duck has little or no shells on their eggs, they get stuck inside, usually resulting in death. If you decide to give your ducks spinach, it should be limited to small amounts on rare occasions. (perhaps this would be better to do during the non-laying season).
Edited by Amiga - 2/14/16 at 5:36pmpost #12533 of 169622/14/16 at 5:37pmpost #12534 of 169622/14/16 at 5:40pmpost #12535 of 169622/14/16 at 5:42pmQuote:
I have been feeding about the same. But have been reading about bad effects of spinach. And with my problems with this hatch, I think I will stop the spinach.post #12536 of 169622/14/16 at 5:42pm
More spinach for you and me!post #12537 of 169622/14/16 at 6:13pmpost #12538 of 169622/14/16 at 6:36pmQuote:
Best to avoid foods high in oxalate acid, like spinach, beet greens and collard greens maybe? Rhubarb is so high in oxalate acid that it can be toxic (pretty sure that's what I remember reading).
-Kathypost #12539 of 169622/14/16 at 6:49pm
And to you! ♡
Edited by AimToMisbehave - 2/14/16 at 6:49pm"Be like a duck; calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath."~Michael Caine
"Be like a duck; calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath."~Michael Caine
post #12540 of 169622/14/16 at 7:06pmQuote:
Yes, that was what I read. Don't know why did not see it before. Thank you for responding and for the help with my problem child (Pretzel)
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 7 seconds ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP) 13 seconds ago
- › Best way to ferment my feed 17 seconds ago
- › Leg problem 40 seconds ago
- › Is this an Old English Bantam or OEB mix? 42 seconds ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Do chickens get fatty tumors? 1 minute ago
- › The Q&A Game! 1 minute ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.