I am so sorry that this is so long. I hope that all of the detail helps come up with some sort of solution.
1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
She is a silver spangled hamburg named Vanilla Ice :) , 9 months, and normal weight in comparison to her peers
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
She is totally docile and doesn't seem to care what I do to her. I found her on the floor in the coop and picked her up. I brought her inside and she did not want to stand. She acted kind of drunk and was having a tick. It seemed as if she was jerking her head back but very fast and often. She does not want to move at all. Her poop is clear and mucous with a small amount of white in it. There were a few green/black pieces in the liquid poop. She has been eating a small amount of food, but otherwise nothing. I put vitamins in her water and she did drink. Today is has only eaten if I have been right with her. It has been about 30 hours since I brought her inside.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
30 hours since I found her and brought her inside.
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
No other birds are experiencing this. I have been checking on them regularly today.
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
1.) I bought a sick chicken and put her in with the flock too soon. They have all been coughing and yucky. I gave them Tylan 200 and they seemed to be much better. (This was 1 month back).
2) My chickens were attacked by a Cooper Hawk (EVIL) and one was injured (Not Vanilla Ice) and I brought her inside. I noticed worms in her poop. So on Thursday, January 17th I wormed them with Wazine.
3) It has been cold in Ohio (single digits) and I have been leaving the chicken door open so they could go outside if they wanted. She likes to lay eggs out in the field. I found her broody on some eggs in the freezing cold. I tried to get her to go into the coop and she refused. She ended up in a covered area, but not the coop. I moved her into the coop at night (7:30ish). 2 days later she was acting like this. I wasn't sure if it was the cold or possibly egg bound because she does not want to go out into the snow. She has not laid an egg for over 2 days.
4) I recently put my chickens on denagard because a few still had some foamy eyes. I just wanted to be safe so I gave it to everyone. This was January 23.
5) I noticed that Hugo (our Easter Egger Rooster) had some lice. I dusted them with Sevin.
I am not sure if any of that matters, but I want to be thorough in case it does.
I did check her crop and it is not hard or mushy or watery or anything :(
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
She has eaten some eggs (that I scrambled) some dry food (Purina Layena). Today she hadn't eaten anything until I soaked her food in water to soften it.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
The poop is like mucous. It is mostly clear with some white in it. Some of the poop has had small black pieces in it.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
Since I have had her inside (30hours) I have given her water with vitamins in it.
I have given her a bath (20 minutes in warm water and a belly massage ) possible egg bound? Nothing came of that.
I have hand fed her and loved on her.
I have put her in front of our wood stove and now she is in the bathroom with a space heater on her.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
I would prefer to treat her on my own.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
I can try to get a picture, but what you will see is simple a sad Vanilla ice :(
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
The coop housing is pine shavings. They have wood stove ashes for dusting. They also can free range if they choose.