Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:54 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 808
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #8072 of 1043411/21/15 at 5:17ampost #8073 of 1043411/21/15 at 6:08ampost #8074 of 1043411/21/15 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by MotorcycleChick
I hadn't updated today because my computer wouldn't upload the photos. I finally restarted it.
So, six this morning, I went down to see the ducks. The chickens weren't amused, but they never are. Like most women, they ignore the big mouth man crowing, and sleep on. Mom telling them to get up ticks them off!
Later on (about two hours) I found the egg near the water. Jazlyn told me to give them more worms, so I did. They were happy with her!
She was allowed to pet him. He was curious, but didn't seem nervous.
They are checking out the pop door together.
Duck and chicken egg. Jazlyn didn't die after eating a duck egg, so I finally tried one in pancakes later. Hey! If you understood how city I was raised! Actually it's worse! The suburbs of N.J. Everyone was rich (Whitney Houston's house was three blocks over, and Mr. Rogers was up the street!) and NYC was about an hour. Fresh eggs are still "quaint" to my old friends.
They were quick to venture out, and explore.
They seemed to have a good day. I spent quite a bit of time with them. They may not come running when I call their names, but if they hear the meal worm bag, I have their full attention!
Such sweet pics.. I am thinking you woke up every morning singing "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" right? I actually sing that song to my flock once in a while I loved Mr. Rogers my kids grew up watching him..Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..post #8075 of 1043411/21/15 at 9:26ampost #8076 of 1043411/21/15 at 9:28ampost #8077 of 1043411/21/15 at 9:35amQuote:
Broody raised ducks can be the same way but letting mama raise is always best. I can only hold one of my ducks out of 8 and he was rejected by his mama so dh and I became his parents. He's 5.5 yrs old and still doesn't mind the hug and snuggle.Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..post #8078 of 1043411/21/15 at 9:45amYeah, anything that isn't used to humans is going to be wary. That's just the way God made us. Cautious of new things.
I have a hen that made a nest on the floor today. She stole three eggs from the nest boxes. She is capable of being a good mother. She comes from a looooong line of year round brooders. If she's going to stay, I'll let her have the duck eggs.post #8079 of 1043411/21/15 at 10:02ampost #8080 of 1043411/21/15 at 3:03pm
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!! 2 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 3 minutes ago
- › Oregano oil for chickens 3 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sexing polish chick 4 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 4 minutes ago
- › Deer feed plot seed... 5 minutes ago
- › Feeding Oatmeal - Would you consider it "healthy" or "okay" to feed? 7 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 9 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.