Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:35 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 875post #8742 of 104343/6/16 at 11:46ampost #8743 of 104343/6/16 at 11:46ampost #8744 of 104343/6/16 at 11:49ampost #8745 of 104343/6/16 at 12:06pm
Good to rinse them off in warm water - then be sure they stay warm enough, and start preening to dry off. I used to towel off the ones who did not immediately begin to preen.post #8746 of 104343/8/16 at 5:10pmpost #8747 of 104343/8/16 at 6:36pmpost #8748 of 104343/8/16 at 6:37pmpost #8749 of 104343/9/16 at 7:34ampost #8750 of 104343/9/16 at 11:09amThere is a bucket next to the spigot that has been sitting there since last fall. With it being filled with water, then snow, then rain the water in there is to the top. While picnicking with Duckling this morning, I noticed that the chickens will perch on the side of the bucket to drink. Even though I only have a small property, they obviously prefer to not have to go inside the coop to drink. Plus, who doesn't like to drink out of a "special" cup? I felt bad that the ducks couldn't drink from it.
While playing with the fencing for the duck run, I put the large barrel on its side to spill out the water. There is also a plastic tub from the hospital inside. This means that there is a two or 3 inch puddle of water to play in, and then a whole tub of water to drink from or play in until the pool is put out.
Chilling with the chickens
Half an hour later when I walked away from the barrel
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
Currently, there are 942 Active Users (75 Members and 867 Guests)
- › Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation... 2 minutes ago
- › Waiting patiently 4 minutes ago
- › North Idaho / Eastern Washington 7 minutes ago
- › King Quail 8 minutes ago
- › Eastern Washington /north idaho, buy sell and trade 10 minutes ago
- › Vermont 12 minutes ago
- › California-Southern 17 minutes ago
- › post your chicken coop pictures here! 19 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 20 minutes ago
- › Silkie limping 20 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.