Edited by Luvduck - 3/11/16 at 12:09pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 10:44 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 879
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #8782 of 104383/11/16 at 12:10pmpost #8783 of 104383/11/16 at 3:59pmCarly my pekin girl refuses to lay for me this year... Ugh. She's got a 60 acre pond, hay, a duck house and 20 acres but she just wants to sit in the stupid kiddie pool with the chickens and get fat eating hen food all day. Oh well, my drakes are at least enjoying this weather and swimming. Except Farkle my Swedish mix... He's afraid of water.
[IMG]http://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7294643/width/200/height/400[/ Boys enjoying the pondpost #8784 of 104383/11/16 at 4:00pmpost #8785 of 104383/11/16 at 7:24pmpost #8786 of 104383/12/16 at 6:12pmpost #8787 of 104383/13/16 at 12:07amSo how many females would you have to two drakes?Quote:
Edited by Foxysj7 - 3/13/16 at 12:08ampost #8788 of 104383/13/16 at 5:12ampost #8789 of 104383/13/16 at 11:42am
Here's a question that may have already been addressed in the 800+ pages of this thread...I have 3 pekin hens and 1 pekin drake that are 11 months old. The ducks have been laying eggs throughout the winter. 2 have prolapsed vents (small prolapse). Is this common with Pekin ducks? I have read about how to treat it and that treatment may help but not "cure" it. how can it be prevented in the first place?
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 8 seconds ago
- › Help with breed please? 50 seconds ago
- › Chicken stopped laying, will she lay eggs again? 57 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 2 minutes ago
- › building paradise for the birds 2 minutes ago
- › Clucksville elementary! 3 minutes ago
- › Can someone please Help me!!! Porcelain Sizzle Genetics??? 3 minutes ago
- › My new home came with chickens! 4 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page