Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 944
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9432 of 104344/5/16 at 6:48pmpost #9433 of 104344/6/16 at 11:31am
I have a couple of Pekin ducklings (also have 2 Cayuga ducklings) one male and one female pekin same with the Cayuga. Anyway my male Pekin duckling doesn't seem quite right, his tail is pointing downward and I'm not sure why, he was a little wobbly on his feet so I started adding some niacin to their water a few days ago, he seems a tad perkier but his tail hasn't changed. has anyone else had this happen to them? Is it normal and I'm just not familier with it (I had 2 pekin ducks a couple years back then we moved to a different state and couldn't take them on the long trip, but I didn't have any problems with them either). Is this something I should be concerned about of will he be fine and grow to be a healthy boy? Oh they are also about a week to week and a half old. if that helps. thanks
s.towle.post #9434 of 104344/6/16 at 11:41am
Sounds like he may have been injured. Can you get him to a vet?post #9435 of 104344/6/16 at 11:46am
He is inside the house in his brooder with the others. I am the only one who picks them up cleans them ect and there is nothing for him to get hurt with or on. the others don't fight or anything with him so there is really no way for him to get hurt. ive seem him hold it up a couple times. so it works and he doesn't mind or make any sound when you touch it so it doesn't seem to hurt him. I mean its not really a drastic downward point but not like the others. There also isn't any vet near me that would take ducks...so that's not really something I could do...
Ill try and get a picture uploaded to better see what I'm talking about.
Edited by stowle72511 - 4/6/16 at 11:49ampost #9436 of 104344/6/16 at 11:55ampost #9437 of 104344/6/16 at 12:00pmpost #9438 of 104344/6/16 at 12:03pmpost #9439 of 104344/6/16 at 12:04pm
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › Granny's gone and done it again 12 seconds ago
- › Rescued Ringneck 36 seconds ago
- › Whats the best chickens for eggs? 45 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 50 seconds ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 1 minute ago
- › leeches in ducks eyes "help" 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 2 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 3 minutes ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.