Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 945
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9442 of 104344/6/16 at 12:12pmpost #9443 of 104344/6/16 at 12:14pmpost #9444 of 104344/6/16 at 12:17pmIs it sore like a pulled muscle or is it like a break. Maybe you can try soaking him in epic salt these helps cuts sore muscles some breaks.its not a cure but it eases any discomfort and cleans. Maybe do these for a little while and watch him closely. If it's cut I use Sierra sage 100% all natural green goo animal first aid salve. I also you's Sierra sage arnica soothes aches, pains, and bruises. Breaks need to be set. If you have experience then try wrapping it in medical tape. Not to tight.not to lose. Or you might take him to the vet next town over.post #9445 of 104344/6/16 at 12:22pmpost #9446 of 104344/6/16 at 12:22pm
No cuts and no breaks. maybe sore tail muscle could be the culprit because he does put it up sometimes but mostly its down. There is no vet in the next town over that takes ducks either ( I needed an avian/exotic vet before and called everywhere that was remotely close to me with no luck) You would think being in Washington that tons of people have ducks and chicken ect that there would be more vets that accept those kinds of animals but no. its a little ridiculous is you ask me.post #9447 of 104344/6/16 at 12:24pmpost #9448 of 104344/6/16 at 12:41pmpost #9449 of 104344/6/16 at 1:11pmQuote:
They def need to be on niacin plain or Nutritional yeast until at least 10weeks old. 125mgs of plain niacin or 1 Tab per cup of feed of Nutritional yeast. Might want to give them some vitamins too and see if that perks him up Poultry vitamins aren't very expensive.Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..post #9450 of 104344/6/16 at 1:25pmQuote:
I have niacin I'm putting in their water and I have Brewers yeast coming from Amazon in a few days that I will be putting on their food. They got electrolites and probiotics in their water for their first 3 days at home which is what the lady at tractor supply told me to do because they had just come in that same day I got them. Should I still be using that stuff plus niacin or is just the niacin and Brewers yeast ok?
I've never had any issues with ducks before. And I've never given any of mine niacin besides what is already in their food so I'm new to this stuff so to speak. 😊
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2 1 second ago
- › The Q&A Game! 32 seconds ago
- › Fall/Autumn Poultry PHOTO Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › unknown attack 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts?? on my Blue Laced Red Wyandotte project chickens 2 minutes ago
- › Count as high as possible before BantamFan4Life posts! 3 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Duck Show! 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.