Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 947
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9462 of 104374/6/16 at 2:57pmpost #9463 of 104374/6/16 at 2:58pmpost #9464 of 104374/6/16 at 2:58pmpost #9465 of 104374/6/16 at 2:59pmpost #9466 of 104374/6/16 at 3:00pmpost #9467 of 104374/6/16 at 3:01pmpost #9468 of 104374/6/16 at 3:01pmpost #9469 of 104374/6/16 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by stowle72511
I have niacin I'm putting in their water and I have Brewers yeast coming from Amazon in a few days that I will be putting on their food. They got electrolites and probiotics in their water for their first 3 days at home which is what the lady at tractor supply told me to do because they had just come in that same day I got them. Should I still be using that stuff plus niacin or is just the niacin and Brewers yeast ok?
I've never had any issues with ducks before. And I've never given any of mine niacin besides what is already in their food so I'm new to this stuff so to speak. 😊
It seems there is almost always one that is a little behind and adding some extra vitamins may help him catch up. The niacin is only B3 and the Brewers yeast has B vits in it so adding some extra vitamins shouldn't hurt at all. Try them on it for a 3 to 4 days and see if you notice any difference.I would also use either or on the brewers yeast and Niacin , you could switch back and forth but I haven't ever heard of using both at the same time.. How is this lil one doing with eating . Does it have a good appetite interacting with the other ducklings?Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..post #9470 of 104374/6/16 at 3:30pmQuote:He eats as well as the others drinks normal goes potty normal like its the same consistency as the others. He snuggles with them no prob he's active he likes his swim time all around normal I'd say he's just a little odd on his feet and his tail doesn't curve up like the others. At first he was on the smaller side which in hind sight if I would have been paying attention at the store I wouldn't have picked him but oh well I love him just the same. Lol. Anyway. He's pretty much the same size as the female now and she was bigger than him before. And both the Perkins are smaller then the cayugas. I'm guessing different breed different size and growth pattern. I have never owned cayugas before but they were just so cute so I picked 2. 😊Originally Posted by Miss Lydia
It seems there is almost always one that is a little behind and adding some extra vitamins may help him catch up. The niacin is only B3 and the Brewers yeast has B vits in it so adding some extra vitamins shouldn't hurt at all. Try them on it for a 3 to 4 days and see if you notice any difference.I would also use either or on the brewers yeast and Niacin , you could switch back and forth but I haven't ever heard of using both at the same time.. How is this lil one doing with eating . Does it have a good appetite interacting with the other ducklings?
Also I have another question. I have the male and female Pekin and then a male and female Cayuga am I going to have problems having 2 boys when they get to mating age/size or will they be ok? I feel like the Perkins are pretty close like they are always with each other the most and same with the Cayuga so maybe they will just stick with each other? I've never had males before either. But I'm pretty excited to try and have babies! ❤️😊
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 6 seconds ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 15 seconds ago
- › temperature - shipped eggs 40 seconds ago
- › Urgent help please swollen neck 3 days old chick 45 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 1 minute ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 1 minute ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 1 minute ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.