Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 949post #9482 of 104394/6/16 at 9:49pmNew here, still trying to figure out how to post questions. I hope this is right... so my family and I own 2 gorgeous Pekins (somewhere between 4-6 weeks old). My question is.. do your Pekins purr while being pet or nudge your hand wanting to be pet more? I can't find anything on Google about ducks actually "purring" or vibrating. Are they really purrin/showing affection or is just something they do regularly (without being pet)?post #9483 of 104394/6/16 at 10:36pmQuote:Hi, i would like to be added to the Pekin Club, along w/my handsome and beautiful Boris, Natasha, Gomer & Ali
Boris, Natasha & Gomer
Ali, I sure hope she is a she
Thank you"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
HERBERT SPENCER"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
HERBERT SPENCERpost #9484 of 104394/7/16 at 12:17ampost #9485 of 104394/7/16 at 12:19ampost #9486 of 104394/7/16 at 12:51ampost #9487 of 104394/7/16 at 12:51ampost #9488 of 104394/7/16 at 3:45am
@stowle72511 so problem you may have with 2 drakes is there can be some fighting but if you have plenty of space where the underdog can keep away from the dominant drake it can work out. But having only 2 females can bring it's own problems like being over mated and both drakes liking the same female. [Too Much] it's really best for females that the ratio be 3 females and up to 1 drake.Then if one goes broody the other female isn't bred to death so to speak, when drakes begin into sexual change they are very aggressive breeders.Drakes can even gang up on a female in water and drown her. Hard to imagine looking at those precious ducklings that your going to have to watch out for the welfare of your females eventually. I love drakes but having waterfowl for over 12 yrs now I know how rough they can be. My drake now has 6 girls but even with 6 he still has his favorites thankfully one of them is brooding so she is getting a break. So down the road you may want to pick up some more girls.Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..post #9489 of 104394/7/16 at 3:46am
Edited by Miss Lydia - 4/7/16 at 3:47amWestern N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish, and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › The last letter Game 6 minutes ago
- › Fermented Feeds 9 minutes ago
- › Barnevelder losing feathers 11 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 13 minutes ago
- › Strange egg! Concern or no? 14 minutes ago
- › Pekin Rouen mix? 15 minutes ago
- › Best Quail for a newbie? 37 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 37 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 49 minutes ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 57 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page