I was just curious to whether my sister duck is actually a pekin. She bought 4 of them and this one is 3x the size of the other 3. We puchased our from the same place, and mine ended up being a muscovy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:52 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 953
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9522 of 104374/9/16 at 10:54pmpost #9523 of 104374/9/16 at 11:49pmplease pray for her my 7 roosters same age for some reason went crazy on breeding and storms and 4 hens got hurt. But this one real bad she with my baby's at the moment. She needs the heat lamp right know. To warm her up.she got wet and cold and hurt. She couldn't walk right out side. Partner brought her in and sprayed her down with medicine. She doing really well with baby's . He was going to put her with my middle pekins but there a little rougher and it's a smaller space. Other three our in house with my eggers.post #9524 of 104374/10/16 at 1:15ampost #9525 of 104374/11/16 at 8:53amQuote:I am not sure... read this site and maybe you can email someone on the site and ask your Q???https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/
hope this helps, it sure helped me."There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
HERBERT SPENCER"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
HERBERT SPENCERpost #9526 of 104374/11/16 at 11:52ampost #9527 of 104374/11/16 at 12:56pmpost #9528 of 104374/11/16 at 4:50pmMy last go around with ducklings I put the water in a clay pot bottom (the part that you sit your plants in) & put that into a bigger one, & ended up with three layers of bottoms. This worked well for me as I am in & out of the house all day. I just dumped all the trays which kept the rest of the bedding a little bit dryer. Also, I have let my ducklings in the water closely supervised & helped them dry off & warm up after. They seemed to really enjoy it & it was fun to watch. Enjoy them, they grow quickly.post #9529 of 104374/11/16 at 5:20pmHave you all seen this show on the CBS Evening News?
I think this family is a member on our BYC site? This is a cute story that all us Pekin and duck loves will enjoy"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
HERBERT SPENCERpost #9530 of 104374/11/16 at 7:59pm
We just got our second set of 2 Pekins last month. They were about 2-3 weeks when we got them and that was almost 4 weeks ago. So they are about 7 weeks old now. I will have to post pictures of the house I built them. So far they are enjoying it. I have to add more room for the fenced in portion and add a pond with cleaning drain. But other than that it is fully functional and they have been living outside for a little over a week now just fine.
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › The Old Folks Home 10 seconds ago
- › The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 20 seconds ago
- › BYC Member Interview - getaclue 37 seconds ago
- › Is this vent gleet or is she egg bound??????? 50 seconds ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › Who to keep? 1 minute ago
- › Barred Rock / Rhode Island Red Cross 1 minute ago
- › How old for first deworming? 1 minute ago
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.