I do. I like it for the most part- you can rake it so it is fluff and fresh. You can also scoop out really nasty areas and just replace with fresh sand. It wasn't the best in the winter- since the duck poop would just freeze to it so I would rake straw on top of it so they weren't walking on it...as soon as it would start to thaw, I would be digging out a frozen mass of sand/duck poop/straw. But I could then just add fresh sand to it during the winter too. During very wet times, I would add a mix of sweet PDZ with DE....because I was concerned about any extreme wet areas for my hens. I keep it freshly raked and any smell is minimal. I do recommend ensuring good drainage underneath it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:54 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 994post #9931 of 104345/22/16 at 12:51pmQuote:
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9932 of 104345/22/16 at 6:23pmpost #9933 of 104345/22/16 at 7:19pmpost #9934 of 104345/22/16 at 8:14pmpost #9935 of 104345/22/16 at 8:32pmpost #9936 of 104345/22/16 at 8:56pm
They did it !!! The Crazy Gang not only went into their coop on their own but went in through the door and not the side opening !!!!
I think I have 3 quacking or gronking and the rest are still kind of squeaking/yeeping, I'll sit with them tomorrow and see if I can make a video to post
Meanwhile happy duck momma :)post #9937 of 104345/22/16 at 10:01pmpost #9938 of 104345/23/16 at 6:02ampost #9939 of 104345/23/16 at 7:45amQuote:
They are so cute. They grow fast and will soon outgrow your other ducklings.
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › Surviving Minnesota! 26 seconds ago
- › my very own micro farm 32 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 47 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Rooster was attacked and now not walking but is eating and drinking 1 minute ago
- › henny1129's Chat Thread! Anyone welcome! 1 minute ago
- › *~*Runner Duck Club*~* 1 minute ago
- › Integrating a cockerel into a flock of mature hens 1 minute ago
- › I Need Chicken Pictures For A Article! 3 minutes ago
- › Sexing Easter Eggers 4 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.