BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Raising Baby Chicks › Help my chick ate nail polish
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help my chick ate nail polish

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
So I was painting his nails because I could not help it and he packed at the brush and got some in his beak will he be ok what should I do
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure how to reply without sounding rude because polish on animals really bugs me but I'd just keep an eye on it. It probably didn't get enough to do any harm. idunno.gif If you feel that your chick must have polish there is a polish made for dogs.

 

I'm sure you're little chick will be alright though.

-Katie- Single mom to a beautiful little girl. 4 dogs, 4 cats, and 6 chickens
Reply
-Katie- Single mom to a beautiful little girl. 4 dogs, 4 cats, and 6 chickens
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Yay thank you
post #4 of 7

We had a neighbor years ago and they had a chicken that had a liking for chain saw bar oil. He had a beautiful shinny coat lol. check this link out you decide                                     

 

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/nails/20120411/is-your-nail-polish-toxic

 P.s. I always grumble at my wife when she puts it on near me. Finally i have the proof i've been looking for lol


Edited by Mrwinchester - 5/13/13 at 5:21am
post #5 of 7
Was your chick okay? We read that nail polish was a good way to tag cockrells from pullets. When we went to paint ones nails today, he got a big mouth full of it by accident. Would love to know if yours is okay!
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Yep he was fine, i washed out his mouth with an eye dropper and he had a blue beak for a while but aside from that, it didnt harm him at all
post #7 of 7
I would paint their nails with dog safe polish.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Raising Baby Chicks
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Raising Baby Chicks › Help my chick ate nail polish