BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Random Ramblings › grannys gone and done it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

grannys gone and done it - Page 11828

post #118271 of 143368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzpapa View Post

What is a tri tip ??? Or am I too young to know ??? LOL


tip steak ?

    Don't be sad, don't cry.He did his work well and only by leaving could he teach my son the last lesson he needed to learn.   Empathy for another soul 
Reply
    Don't be sad, don't cry.He did his work well and only by leaving could he teach my son the last lesson he needed to learn.   Empathy for another soul 
Reply
post #118272 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by campingshaws View Post

No goats. I was optimistic, since I caught her like this today:



Found another dead chick in the coop. It's the Wild West out there I guess. hmm.png When I went out earlier there was a chick with a bloody eye. I held it for a long time while I decided if I was going to intervene or not. Ultimately I decided I'm not meddling (too much) and put it back. It was the third dead baby.

So now Ruby has four chicks!


And Bonnie has three! And one egg that she is VERY determined to abandon. But it's externally pipped and seems pretty vigorous, so I put it back under her for the third time today. Because I can't just quit meddling.
Hi Camping, sorry about the chick losses you've had. Was it from the same broody that killed the others? Your little Nanny goat looks so close. When we least expect it, she will have them 😊
Life has a way of throwing us curve balls, but with Faith, Family & Good Friends, we can find a way to overcome them!
Reply
Life has a way of throwing us curve balls, but with Faith, Family & Good Friends, we can find a way to overcome them!
Reply
post #118273 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenLady2014 View Post

Happy Father's day Papa, have you had a good day?
had a blast at the place
post #118274 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny hatchet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenLady2014 View Post

Well my picture sharing capabilities lasted about a half an hour 😕 grrrr.....


better then none .
Yep, gunna be happy with what I got to share 😊
Life has a way of throwing us curve balls, but with Faith, Family & Good Friends, we can find a way to overcome them!
Reply
Life has a way of throwing us curve balls, but with Faith, Family & Good Friends, we can find a way to overcome them!
Reply
post #118275 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenLady2014 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingshaws View Post

No goats. I was optimistic, since I caught her like this today:



Found another dead chick in the coop. It's the Wild West out there I guess. hmm.png When I went out earlier there was a chick with a bloody eye. I held it for a long time while I decided if I was going to intervene or not. Ultimately I decided I'm not meddling (too much) and put it back. It was the third dead baby.

So now Ruby has four chicks!


And Bonnie has three! And one egg that she is VERY determined to abandon. But it's externally pipped and seems pretty vigorous, so I put it back under her for the third time today. Because I can't just quit meddling.
Hi Camping, sorry about the chick losses you've had. Was it from the same broody that killed the others? Your little Nanny goat looks so close. When we least expect it, she will have them 😊

Hard to say who killed the third one, because it was in the main coop. Could have literally been any chicken. I think Ruby is doing a good job though.
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
post #118276 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzpapa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenLady2014 View Post

Happy Father's day Papa, have you had a good day?
had a blast at the place
Im not familiar with the place the kids took you for dinner. Is it like a ChuckieCheese kinda place?
Life has a way of throwing us curve balls, but with Faith, Family & Good Friends, we can find a way to overcome them!
Reply
Life has a way of throwing us curve balls, but with Faith, Family & Good Friends, we can find a way to overcome them!
Reply
post #118277 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny hatchet View Post


tip steak ?
s

The tri-tip is a cut of beef from the bottom sirloin subprimal cut.[1] It is a small triangular muscle, usually 1.5 to 2.5 lbs. (675 to 1,150g) per side of beef.

The scientific name of this muscle is tensor fasciae latae, inserted in the fascia lata, the connective tissue covering the quadriceps femoris, also called quadriceps extensor, a group of four muscles which in turn insert in the patella, or knee cap of the animal.
post #118278 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzpapa View Post

What is a tri tip ??? Or am I too young to know ??? LOL

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-tip

Honestly think it may be regional too lol. Never heard of Tri tip up north.
post #118279 of 143368
Thread Starter 

Camping, that goat is getting on my nerves. LOL  can you milk her to start contractions ? hahahaaa  How long did she lay there or has she gone outside ?

    Don't be sad, don't cry.He did his work well and only by leaving could he teach my son the last lesson he needed to learn.   Empathy for another soul 
Reply
    Don't be sad, don't cry.He did his work well and only by leaving could he teach my son the last lesson he needed to learn.   Empathy for another soul 
Reply
post #118280 of 143368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenLady2014 View Post

Im not familiar with the place the kids took you for dinner. Is it like a ChuckieCheese kinda place?

They just put in that sub place out here. I heard it was awesome. Started by a group of fireman.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Random Ramblings
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Random Ramblings › grannys gone and done it