The Wifey Poo and I are an older couple and we're sick of living in the city- time to get back to our farmin' roots and its a LONG haul from Tacoma, WA to Mena, AR
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Think it was back on the farm around 1976ish or so. I so hate plucking chickens- then I saw the "Wizz-Bang Chicken Plucker" on Youtube and it's like "Ohhh yeah, this'll work!!"
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Zero- but once we get on the half acre in Mena, I'll have roughly .25ish acres (The Back Yard) to put them on. Uncertain how big of a flock I should have.
(3) What breeds do you have?
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Search engine- I think I stumbled upon the idea from Youtube and then I just typed in "Urban chickens" or something similar.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? KD7KBG, 1981 Honda CX500C with a pull behind trailer, and thinking of going back into locksmithing part time.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Been everywhere, done everything- Started out in the Army, became a Drill Sgt with the 104th Tng Regiment 2nd Battalion back in 1988, Boeing engineer from 1988 to 1996, repaired copying machines all over New England based out of Burlington, MA. Came back to Washington when my Dad was dying- and I've sold cars, drilled wells, worked as an electrician, and finally did what my hearts desire was- to be a locksmith. Finally medically retired as one of the top locksmiths in the United States but that crap about "Retirement being a goal"? Nope,,,Nopers,,,it sucks. So going back to the farm. Going to Mena because the land is cheap and I've got friends there since the family's dead or have moved on.
Half of me wants to attend Sunset School of Preaching; the flip side of that coin is the former Army Drill Sgt who knows the best way how to swear and is a very base person. Such as the spiritual war continues...it doesn't help that I damaged my brain while in the Army so I'm now 100% disabled per the VA and Social Security. I can't hold a job but I might be able to work for myself- I don't know, but willing to take a shot at it.
May the power be with you Bro, from central Louisiana, i know where Mena is