Just a non-update update...lol.
Decided to hold off getting the chickens until Spring for now. Weekends are getting busier, and money is getting tighter (just put new engine in van, and waiting on a furnace install) and I still haven't secured the run. Thought waiting until Spring will give us something to look forward to, and also wanted to see how the coop will fair with heavy snow. Better to find out with an empty coop than have something happen with "tenants" inside...lol. Kind of bumming, was hoping to have them inside by September.
Until then, I will try and finish the run when I can, hunker down for the winter, and continue to be jealous of all you "warm weather birds" who don't have to worry about snow blowers and ice....lol