My Youngest Daughter wanted Cheese cake, so we made one last night. It looks very nice!
18 graham crackers tolled to crumbs(1½ C any cookie) (35-40 nilla wafers)
¼ C sugar
5 tbs melted butter or Margarine
2(8oz) Cream Cheese
½ C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix crust ingredients and pat firmly into bottom an 1/3 of the way up the sides of a 9” spring form pan. Beat filling ingredients with a rotary beater or electric mixer until satiny and pour into crust. Bake 25 min. Cool in pan to room temperature, and then cover with foil and chill 10-12 hours before serving. Cut into slim wedges.
Note: It is very important to only cook for 25 minutes. The filling sets up after 10 to 12 hours. It will not be set in the oven. The biggest mistake bakers make is over cooking cheese cakes!
Easy Raspberry Sauce for Fillings/Frostings
- 12 oz fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1. Make a cornstarch slurry by combine the water into the cornstarch and whisk to incorporate.
- 2. Next add your sugar to the slurry and stir
- 3. Combine fresh raspberries in pan with your slurry.
- 4. Mash your berries as you stir
- 5. Continue to stir (and mash) and let come to a full boil over medium high heat.
- 6. Once thick, strain using a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
- 7. Let cool completely (refrigerate if necessary) before adding to whipped cream or buttercream