Originally Posted by NorthFLChick
Thanks, we've been enjoying it! Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it:
New York Cheesecake
(makes a 9" cake)
15 graham crackers, crushed
2 Tab butter, melted
4 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1/4 Cup milk
1 Cup sour cream
1 Tab vanilla extract
1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease spring form pan. In medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press into bottom of pan and part way up the sides.
* In large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
* Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Pour filling into crust.
* Bake in pre-heated oven 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5-6 hours to prevent cracking.
* Chill in refrigerator until serving.
Notes: Next time I'll take @ronott1 suggestion and mix the sour cream, vanilla and flour together before adding to the filling separately. It was a bit tough to blend each ingredient separately without over mixing.
@Alice28 suggestion to freeze some of the slices was a good one. I put several slices on a Saran wrapped baking sheet, put them in the freezer and then when frozen I wrapped each one individually and put in a freezer bag. Freezing the slices first made wrapping them a lot easier.