We worked on the wiring all blessed day, but we seem to have fixed it. We started by testing the main breaker box and the garage breaker box. Power at the main was good, at the garage was weak and spotty. So we concluded the wiring between was bad. Dug a trench to lay new wire. Found the old wire, one of the wires was broken and one was compromised. You could see where the wire had burned the soil around it. So....we decided not to run all new wire. We spliced the wires together and got power to the garage, but the barn was dead. And the dryer still wasn't getting 220. We did a lot of trouble shooting, I've forgotten most of what we did. Anyway, re-wiring the breakers in the garage eventually got the dryer running. Yippee, I don't have to go to the Laundromat! We finally realized when he's spliced the wire for the barn together he'd transposed two wires, and that kept flipping the main breaker. So poor Honey had to cut off the shrink wrap stuff he'd put on there, clean the connectors, cut a new splice of wire, and finally got them all hooked together with the correct colors matching. We now have power in the garage and the barn, and the dryer is nice and toasty warm--I want to crawl in there!
A friend came over when we were taking a break to see if she could borrow us to pick up some metal roofing she's buying. The seller wants to sell it all, and what's left over from her project would be pretty much perfect to cover my breeding pens that are leaking. But----not having power to the garage, with the issues the truck has been having, we couldn't get the truck started. Not on the charger, not jumping from the tractor, not jumping from the van. So, no roofing today. But after a few hours on the charger the truck started, so Honey will go out tomorrow am and pick up that metal. Covering those pens is the other big project I wanted to get done this weekend.
Tomorrow morning I'll be driving Big Boy and a teammate down to their bowling tournament. I wouldn't mind watching some, but it's 8 hours. Plus, I can't really see him bowl, so it's kind of pointless to stay. But when I go to pick him up the whole family will probably go. Tomorrow's my birthday and we usually go out to dinner. I'm thinking seafood, we'll see.
I had a surprise chick hatch last night! I'd pretty much written off the eggs in the hatcher, just hadn't gotten around to cleaning them out and putting the hatcher away. Well, I woke up to a chirping . It was supposed to be a Colombian Wyandotte, but again the seller mistakenly gave me a barred Rock egg. So, again a sex link, but this little boy had a big ol white spot on his head. I considered culling him right off, but....baby chick. I don't know if I'll ever be able to cull the baby male sex links. But, I decided at least as a Wyandotte/Rock cross, he'll make a decent meal in a few months. So he's snuggled in with the three others. I guess he balances out the Colombian Wyandotte I lost in the big brooder last night. I think the silkie momma just wasn't big enough to cover all the babies. No more chicks in the winter, that's for sure!
I've got to get some answers about these muscle cramps. Or some muscle relaxers or something. Just saying "Oh, that's the cyclosporine" isn't cutting it anymore. My feet cramp up, my hands cramp up, I'm tired of it. Maybe I need to do a rapid taper of the cyclosporine and see if that helps, but I'm afraid of the graft vs host flaring. Although, when my mouth was sore, I did lose weight .