BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Quail › Southern California Quail Ranchers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Southern California Quail Ranchers - Page 8

post #71 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosspak View Post
 

I used a Hovabator with a fan installed with egg turners( some for chicken, some for quail eggs) I hatched about 1000 quail in it... I thought it made hatching easy. Worth the cost. I made these quail pens for my breeding!

 

 

 


I like your quail pens a lot. Gives me an idea of how I want to build mine.

post #72 of 79
Thread Starter 

Which ones? lol

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply
post #73 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosspak View Post
 

Which ones? lol


Your last 2 pictures. I have no quail currently but when I get some I want to raise them indoors. So I like that idea except I need a door in the front and stackable with a poop tray and egg roll. You live in Southern California? 

post #74 of 79
Thread Starter 

Raising indoors is difficult to live with unless you're talking about a barn.... Very dusty and smelly.

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply
post #75 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manor Hatchery View Post


Your last 2 pictures. I have no quail currently but when I get some I want to raise them indoors. So I like that idea except I need a door in the front and stackable with a poop tray and egg roll. You live in Southern California? 
I keep mine in our 2.5 car garage. I wouldn't recommend keeping them inside your actual house because their poop is kinda smelly and no matter what kind of hutch you use, they kick out food or shavings or whatever they can, and you have to sweep up frequently. I think people keep button quail indoors but they're smaller and more like pet birds.
Coturnix Quail | Buff Orpingtons | Black Laced Golden Wyandottes
Backyard homesteader ❤️ Hoping for some Seramas, and eventually some rabbits!
Reply
Coturnix Quail | Buff Orpingtons | Black Laced Golden Wyandottes
Backyard homesteader ❤️ Hoping for some Seramas, and eventually some rabbits!
Reply
post #76 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshma11 View Post

I keep mine in our 2.5 car garage. I wouldn't recommend keeping them inside your actual house because their poop is kinda smelly and no matter what kind of hutch you use, they kick out food or shavings or whatever they can, and you have to sweep up frequently. I think people keep button quail indoors but they're smaller and more like pet birds.
My house is an interesting setup I will have them on a separate floor as it's a tri level house.
post #77 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manor Hatchery View Post


My house is an interesting setup I will have them on a separate floor as it's a tri level house.

I made 6 of the bottom quail pens.Sold them for $300 each. The last one was made to also fit chickens, the watering system was made to so that it could be raised for chickens or lowered for the quail.

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply
post #78 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosspak View Post

I made 6 of the bottom quail pens.Sold them for $300 each. The last one was made to also fit chickens, the watering system was made to so that it could be raised for chickens or lowered for the quail.
When you say each are you talking about one pen or the row of them?
post #79 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manor Hatchery View Post


When you say each are you talking about one pen or the row of them?

These are two separate pen setups. each unit has 8 2x2x12 pens.

LL

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply

Rule #14 is Ambiguous...

 

Owner/Operator of the Crazy H-Bar Ranch: Husband of 28 years, father of 4, Poppy to 12. Chicken Rancher since July 2013 at The Crazy H-Bar Ranch in Lake Elsinore, So. Cal. 15 Hens; 2 EE's, 1 B. Wyandotte, 2 OE's, 1 Red sex link, 1 BCM, 3 BLRW/Splash, 1 BLRW/Black, 1 SBEL, 1 AM, 1 OEGH, 1 GLW, and 11 quail. 1 dog; Sophie. Gardening is a hobby, right? Just loven...

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Quail
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Quail › Southern California Quail Ranchers