BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Turkeys › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. - Page 1044

post #10431 of 13332
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis View Post

I NEW IT! lol.png Feedman, I knew you'd cave! Can't blame ya! lol.png

I'm weak when it comes to hatching. would do it 24/7 365 if i could.
post #10432 of 13332
Feedman, your certainly not the only hatch-aholic here! Heck, Aurora is already hatching. Aurora, are you roosting those little chicks in your Christmas tree? Now that would be a cute tree! Feedman, you could stash some of those cute little pocket hand warmers in your tree! If Daisy & Annie would leave my ornaments alone I would consider it. But we all know christmas trees & turkeys wouldn't mix! I can see it now! Tuck your birds on branches at night. As the sun comes up you'll have little birds popping out of your trees all morning!
post #10433 of 13332
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis View Post

Feedman, your certainly not the only hatch-aholic here! Heck, Aurora is already hatching. Aurora, are you roosting those little chicks in your Christmas tree? Now that would be a cute tree! Feedman, you could stash some of those cute little pocket hand warmers in your tree! If Daisy & Annie would leave my ornaments alone I would consider it. But we all know christmas trees & turkeys wouldn't mix! I can see it now! Tuck your birds on branches at night. As the sun comes up you'll have little birds popping out of your trees all morning!

Great, now I may just have to get a couple pictures of babies in the tree lol.

Actualy, they're being brooded outside in the screen porch right now. The porch has plastic all around it but no heat. They're in two attached large dog creates with a heat lamp in the one. So far, they've been doing great, even venturing into the unheated side occasionally but it's a whole 6° out right now. Makes me a little nervous. They've been keeping together in a warm little pile and I have a wool army blanket covering the heated side so I think most of the heat is trapped in there. Just makes me worry a little bit though I think they'll be fine. The 3 Ayam cemani babies are almost 7 weeks old now so I think they keep the younger ones nice and warm smile.png
Edited by Auroradream26 - 12/15/16 at 5:26pm
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
post #10434 of 13332
That would make a cute Christmas card....little chicks peaking out between branches! big_smile.png
post #10435 of 13332
Ohhh. I don't think quail in the tree would be a good idea. You've heard ralphie description of turkeys on the deck reaction. I think that would be minor on what would happen here.

Enough critters in the house already.

I would be sleeping outside with the turkeys and chickens. I prefer heat this time of year.
post #10436 of 13332
But how cute would those darling little quail look snuggled in the tree? LOL!

Daisy & Annie would be facinated with a decorated tree....I have visions of them pecking ornaments for hours.
post #10437 of 13332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2elk View Post
 


It's 45°F here today but tomorrow is predicted for a blizzard and a low of -20°F.

 

 

The whole weekend looks bad here... I wish I had 45 for another day or two.

 

I am never ready for the cold.

 

 

 

The cold and wind is so bad my waterers are hardly staying open. I have a little spot on the leeward side of the founts that has open water.


Edited by duluthralphie - 12/16/16 at 12:18am
post #10438 of 13332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedman77 View Post


I'm weak when it comes to hatching. would do it 24/7 365 if i could.

 

 

If I could find someone to buy the babies to help support the habit I would too.

 

I just found a problem with my "new" sportsman.      Hopefully R2elk will be able to shed light on it.

 

 

 

The back-up/safety wafer was not connected to anything.  It has an electronic thermostat but no safety...???

post #10439 of 13332
Well, sad morning here sad.png. Coco seemed fine last night and was dead this morning when I went to let them out. Her prolapse seemed to be healing, but I'm guessing there was something more going on inside. Dang.
post #10440 of 13332
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistychick View Post

Well, sad morning here sad.png. Coco seemed fine last night and was dead this morning when I went to let them out. Her prolapse seemed to be healing, but I'm guessing there was something more going on inside. Dang.

 

I'm so sorry to hear this :( I was really routing for her :hit

Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Turkeys
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Turkeys › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.