Upgrading Incubator Thermostats

truword1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Hey guys/gals
Have any of you upgraded your thermostats on your incubators? I use a wafer thermostat (it sucks) and want to up grade to either a bi metal thermostat or one of these new digital temperature controller STC-1000. They cost about the same and I have heard great reviews about the STC-1000. Any suggestions of thoughts on this?

Thanks,
JD

I did, by running an STC1000 inline with the incubator thermostat and just setting the incubator to always on. Plug in reptile thermostats are also available to make it even easier.

There are also updated electronic control boards for incubators. See the bottom right of this page: http://www.rockytopgen.com/catalog/incubatorbrooderparts.html
Thanks, WalnutHill,
Would you happen to have any pictures or instructions of this set up?

Thanks,
JD

I use an STC-1000 for a homemade cooler-bator that I hatch in, so I know how the wiring works. I am planning to upgrade an LG soon. I have all the parts, just need to find the time. I'm sure it will be simple to wire, the issue being figuring out how to attach the STC-1000 to the incubator.

Don't use a bi-metal, they are not as accurate as your wafer, that would be a downgrade.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom