Its sad loosing a chicken to the heat, last year I lost one of mine to the heat, so I want to help other chicken keepers to keep their chickens cool this summer! Here are 5 tips to keeping your chickens cool this summer!
1. Fill up a milk jug with water and freeze it. Chickens love to lean against it when its hot.
2. Cut a watermelon in half and freeze it. It makes a great treat for a hot day!
3. Fill up your ice cube trays with water. Put some mint or cut up your chickens favorite fruit and put it in the water filled ice cube trays. Freeze them and throw them to your chickens! They'll love you forever!
4. Buy a mini fan, turn it on and put it in your coop when your chickens are going in the coop for the night. This will keep the air flowing in your coop and your chickens cool.
5. Buy some diatamaceous earth and put it in a shady spot in your chicken pen. The chickens will dust bathe in it to keep themselves cool and it will also get rid of mites.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Hope this was helpful to all the chicken owners out there!
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!